street piano

ayo, there's yet Another bug infestation in my house. Good times /:

-----------

After this, the two boys began to make their way back to the younger's apartment from the hair salon. Jimin hummed the untitled song with undecided lyrics, and Yoongi listened in peace. Soon enough, they came upon the street piano that they'd played at before. Both of them stopped momentarily, soaking in the sense of nostalgia that the instrument gave off.

The moonlight left a soft glint on its shiny black yet graffiti-ridden surface, making it seem almost dream-like. Just like before, Yoongi's eyes lit up when he caught sight of it. The air was so cold. Jimin wondered when spring would arrive, even though he was certain that April would be the month when it would.

Yoongi headed over to the piano and sat down on its wooden bench. The younger considered telling him off by saying that it was too late, or rather, too early, for this shit, but the blue-haired boy didn't really give him a chance to oppose his decision. Just as Yoongi pressed the first note, Jimin forgot all about his argument and was rendered speechless.

Although it was four-fifteen in the morning, and although they were tired and weary, the same amount of music still ran through their veins at the same speed that it would at four-fifteen in the afternoon. The chord progression the older performed seemed oddly familiar to him, but he couldn't remember where he'd heard it before. However, he knew that it was very close to the present. Perhaps he'd come across it somewhere in the near future.

Then it occurred to him. This was the same song that had been put on repeat inside of his head for the past hour or so, the blue song. The melody that Yoongi made of it was nearly the same, but it had a few different qualities. Instead of containing a blueish hue, the notes took on a pastel yellow. There were tinges, small strokes for stars, with larger globs of notes that were the moon. The harmony that he played with his left hand represented the daylight, a sky that was not based off of any particular time of day or night; it was vivid, but simultaneously so dark that it was hard to see anything.

Eventually, Jimin began to sing along with improvised lyrics that he made up on the spot. They didn't make much sense, sounding a bit off-beat and out-of-tune because of all the ad-libbing, but he figured if he fixed it up over a little time it could sound alright.

This song reminded him of something; something that was sunken so far back in his memories that it was difficult to remember. He could recall the thumping of feet against the side of a car, the rustling of tall grass in the wind, and the warm nighttime stars glittering above him. Someone's long, black hair was tied up into a messy ponytail that wasn't at all centered; she was humming along with him. An eleven-year-old Jimin smiled at his sister, and she grinned back.

At this moment there was nothing to worry about. It was summer and their parents had gone away without them, leaving the two siblings alone to their own activities and whatever small amount of food left in the house for them to eat. So they went out one night and climbed on top of the old, rusty truck that sat dead in the middle of the field. Their eyes were glued to the sky above them.

This was the song that he sang once with his sister, and never again... until now.

Jimin was sick of crying but he did anyway, not truly aware of the reason. Destiny had decided that this was the song that he would remember at this moment in life, a tune that had been locked away for decades inside the fading recollection of his mind until now, when he knew that he was in love with Yoongi. This was no coincidence, it was fate. Their love was what was meant to be; decided before they kissed on the Ferris wheel, before they ran into each other, before the song was created by lonely siblings... their love was fated from the exact moment the universe was created.