Story One: Running Routine

The following is Copyright © KalMoss, 2010

All rights reserved.

A short story.

Cold beads of sweat fell from my forehead as I ran. My mouth felt dry and my legs ached but I had to keep going. Just three more laps. Just three more laps. For the first time in my life giving up seemed the simplest option. I rounded the corner to see him standing there, waiting, as per usual. Everyday was the same; he was always there, waiting for me. To be honest I’m not sure why I don’t just go the other way, it really fazed me sometimes. But whenever I tried doing that, I kind of…missed him. Yes sometimes he is a jerk but then he’s all sweet. I just can’t help it! Everything about him draws me in, the way he’d smile at me with that cocky grin, the way his deep brown eyes looked into my soul, the way his dark brown hair framed his face…Wait! What am I saying! I can’t like him, there’s too much of an age gap. He’s too immature; it would never work out…

I sighed and slowed down until I was standing in front of him. There was no point to keep running; he would just join me, besides it gave me an excuse to stop. He hadn’t brought his friend today…that was new.

He smiled his classic cocky grin “Hey running girl!”

I rolled my eyes and clenched my teeth to stop from smiling.

“So how’s my angel going today?” he took a seat on the park chair and patted the spot next to him.

I raised one eyebrow “I’m not an angel”

“You are to me”

I have to admit I kind of blushed.

He smiled “So…still not interested in going out?”

I sighed and sat down next to him “You told me your 18, I’m 21 no offence but you’re a little young yet to be dating me”

He frowned “It’s only 3 years difference”

“3 years can make a huge difference”

“Years mean nothing to a man in love”

“You barely know me! How do you even know you love me?”

He turned to look me in the eye “I know because seeing you is the best part of my day”

“Sure, sure, that’s used in the movies all the time!”

He got up from the chair and bent down in front of me “Yes, but I mean it”

I got up “Listen…?”

“Zac, Zac’s my name”

“Okay listen Zac; I don’t think I can take this anymore. I told you no. End of story! Now I’ve got to get back to my run”

I turned my back to leave “Wait” with a sigh I turned.

And he kissed me.

I blushed a deep red and felt dizzy as his lips touched mine and as mine involuntary began to move against his. It felt like everything I wanted my first kiss to be…but never was. It was just…amazing.

When we finally pulled away from each other I smiled. Screw the world, I thought bitterly, this could be my chance at love and I’m taking it.

“My name is Kate, meet me here tomorrow, same time and maybe we can go out.” His face lit up and he nodded, I kissed him lightly and backed away slowly before turning and running.

Red coloured my cheeks, I’d just had the most amazing kiss of my life, wearing my running clothes and covered in sweat. How romantic.

A/N This is the first short story I ever posted on Wattpad, it's not as good when I look back on it now, but I suppose when I factor in my age and point of knowledge at the time, it's not bad. 

Anyway, hope you liked it :)