Chapter 6: A Song for Hydra

The three men still dumbfounded watched as the giant Hydra monster raged with all of it's five heads.  The shimmering light from it's scales covered it's long body, heads to claws.  It's teeth were blade sharp like knives, and it's glowing red eyes were in attack mode.  The giant and ferocious Hydra monster charges swimming right towards the submarine.  It slams into the front causing the whole sub to go out of control.  The Beatles all go flying except for John who held onto the control wheel.  

  George and Paul flew back and crashed into some of the walls.  Meanwhile Ringo's fainted body slid down the hull of the sub, for he was greatly unconscious.  Back with the monster, it circled around the bright yellow submarine that stabilized, he growled, snorting out water from it's nostrils.  John's shuddered breath was low, as he stared up speechless at the monster that was in front of the sub.  It's beaming red eyes and brow were angry looking, and it's silver scales shimmered with ambition. 

  George and Paul wandered back to the front of the ship trying to figure out how they weren't gonna die.  There has to be SOMETHING they can do, though as they stay still and quiet, they were surprised by the Hydra monster as it began to speak in a booming young Scottish voice,

"Yeh mighty' fine there aren't yeh?!  Nobody ever get's past me.  Though you're ship is a fascination o' time.  I am the Hydra, keeper of the twilight zone.  Before yeh' try to attack me you should swim away to zeh surface, land dwellers.  And if yeh' dohn't.  I'll eat ya whole!"

"We are just trying to get to the siren to save her." Said Paul McCartney over a mic that was in the submarine.  The message was sent out through a waterproof speaker.  The Hydra monster snarled and he spoke again,

"You have no business with the Siren of the Abyss.  Why would she want you to save her?"

"Because she called out to me.  It's not a lie!" Says Paul.

"YOU ARE ALL LIES!  I CAN SMELL IT OFF OF YOUR LITTLE SWIMMING MACHINE! BE GONE LAND DWELLER'S FOR I'LL FEAST OFF O' YEH!" The Hydra Monster boomed making the whole submarine back away with the force of the water.  All the Beatles screamed except for Ringo who was still knocked out.  John hits his head head on a few pipes and collapses to the ground.  They were stumped and they were now in panic mode.  Paul kept saying that they were now gonna die, and it was all his fault for getting into this situation.

  Though when the sound of the Siren's singing came to Paul's ear, he looked ahead seeing the Hydra monster become hypnotized and tired.  Then all of the sudden the siren's voice stopped singing and the monster shook it's five head's growling.  It turns swiftly looking at the bright yellow submarine with rage.  McCartney beckoned his two friends to find a song that would put the monster asleep.  The three of them communicated quickly trying to think of a song that would make the Hydra monster hypnotized.  Then George had an idea,

"I've got it!  I know just the thing, and all I need is my guitar and voice to play it."

"What's it called?" John asked hastily.

George Harrison chuckled slinging the guitar over his shoulder,

"My Guitar weeping of course."

  Paul McCartney hits a button on the inside of the sub and a mic rolls down in front of his friend.  The Hydra monster's nostrils flared as it's beaming red eyes glowed with ambition once again.  Then it swims after the submarine full speed but then a musical tune played on an underwater speaker from the submarine.  It was the sound of a guitar playing note by note.  George's right hand went up and down on the guitar's neck, and then down and up all the way, then he began to sing,

"I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping,

while my guitar gen-tly weeps,

I look at the floor and I see it need's sweeping,

still my guitar gently weeps,

.........

I don't know wa-ah-aye nobody told you,

how to unfold your love,

I don't know ho-ow-ow someone controlled you,

they bought and so-old you,

..........

I look at the world and I no-tice it's turning,

while my guitar gently weeps,

with e-vry mis-take we must sure-ly be learning,

Still my guitar gen-tly weeps...."

   And as George Harrison continued playing the song, the Hydra monster began to nod off with it's big five heads.   Soon the monster began to smile with joy as it closed it's eyes on all five heads.  The Hydra drifted off back into the deep falling into an eternal sleep.  A peaceful sleep from what George had called it when he finished the song.  The four Beatles were able to pass through to go down deeper into the ocean.  

  As they went down deeper there was no sign of the Hydra Monster anymore.  It was as if it vanished.  Everything was a lot more dark and John turned on the high beams on the sub, while McCartney helped Ringo into the bedroom laying him on the bed.  George suggested he just might be in shock for a few hours.  Other then that, it was the first time Ringo had ever seen anything so big and ferocious, so ferocious that it made him faint.  

  As Lennon navigated through the darkness Paul could still hear the Siren's singing, and it sounded closer then before.  So he directed John once again to tell him where to go and they stayed on that path going through the darkness.  For John, it felt like he was in one of those scary movies but under water.  He didn't like the thought of that at all.  George meanwhile thought about the beautiful Hydra monster.  How beautiful it was.

  George never really had the belief to kill it, only if it attacked him or tried to kill his friends, then he would do something about it.  Other then that, putting the monster asleep made George actually happy, knowing that the strong, talking, five headed creature was in a peaceful, eternal sleep.