Chapter Fourteen

The Asylum Staff Apartment (Shanan's room), 12:25 AM 

​Shanan was really anxious. She returned to her apartment in the asylum staff apartment after her conversation with Jacob. Shanan wanted to contact the SIA again but Jolly and Luke share the apartment with her, that's why she couldn't go out without their knowledge. She had to wait for Jolly to fall asleep. She planned to go to SIA office after that. Although she knew there were cameras watching her moves. But still she might outrun them in the chase if she tried. That move could also leave Rya in danger. But she believes Jacob couldn't hurt Rya now as the SIA is after her. She started to think back about everything that happened so far.

***Flashback starts:

Hamlington Mental Asylum, 6 and half months ago.

Shanan was inside the record room searching for a file. She was looking for some details about the girl who died two weeks back. She found what she was looking for and started to read through it. It was Sapphire's file.

She read the few details it held. According to the file, she was born in Hamlington and was alone in the world. Then why her body was moved to Stockling after her death? It was indeed very strange.

During that time she couldn't concentrate on the matter because Rya also died around the same time. She was too lost to care about others.

She kept the file back in its original place after reading and then switched off the light to leave the room. She was about to go out but stopped when she heard footsteps approaching. They were talking in a law voice. She immediately hid behind a self. She didn't want to get caught in snooping around. It could affect her career badly. Dr. Jacob and Dr. Graham entered the record room still absorbed in their conversation.

"Who knows when this girl will get her conscious back? The treatment here isn't that good too. We should move her to a better hospital with better equipment." Shanan heard Jacob suggesting Dr. Graham as they entered the room.

"Are you out of your mind, Jacob? She is dead for the world. If anyone ever finds out about her, forget the experiment. We will be jailed. We have been given a lot of money for this project. The Modern Research Lab will continue to give us the financial support. We need that girl out of the comma soon." Dr. Graham responded.

"Sir, I think we should start moving on with our backup plan." Jacob said.

"You are right about that. We need more girls."

"Why only girls, sir?"

"Because we don't know how these bacteria will effect in a boy's body. It might be same or it might be different. As the experiment started out with a girl, let it finish for a girl first. Boys can wait." Dr. Graham sounded absolutely monstrous.

They both laughed like evils. They took out the same file Shanan read just a few minutes ago and left the room together. Shanan was equally shocked and surprised. She didn't understand what was going on but her instinct told her something was going terribly wrong. She needed to find out, she decided immediately.

From that day on, she started to keep an eye on Jacob and Graham. Even she acted like a friend to Jacob. She hated him from day 1 as she knew very well that Jacob was a pervert. She saw him making moves on vulnerable female patients. Touching them unnecessarily, using the checking up card. She felt like killing him. But she acted nice to him as she needed to find out what he was up to.