Home Coming Home

*:.Dedicated to all of the lovely chicas y chicos that didn't go to homecoming.:*

♡ +♡ = ♥

You were walking back from the homecoming dance- Just kidding, you didn't go. Not that you weren't invited by your friends but you just didn't feel like it. Well, that's what you tell yourself at least. You actually really want to go, but your parents or something said "no." It truly sucks but that is ok, you get to go grocery shopping instead. You bought some vegetables, fruits, and whatever else you were told to buy, which is more of less a struggle to carry.

The night sky seems a lot emptier than usual, maybe it is because of the surplus of lights from the schools in the area. "Wonder how the dance was for everyone," you think to yourself as the plastic handle around your wrist starts to stop the blood flow from your fingers. "My poor arms!" you grumble as you struggle to find a place to set your groceries. Looking around you spot something in the distance. A faded black bench sat a few meters in front of you, hoping to be sat on. Trying your hardest to run, you find your way to the lonely bench and place your seven bags on it.

Finally releasing your arms and fingers from their plastic bonds, you take a seat and let out a breath of air. Looking through the tree branches overhead to the stars, you try to find the one constellation that almost everybody knows of. The Big Dipper. You connect six stars together throughout the whole sky. Alright, so you do not really know which group of stars is the Big Dipper but one of the groups you made has to be it.

Suddenly you hear foot steps coming from where you just came. You cautiously look that direction to see a guy in a navy blue dress shirt, black pants, and a white tie walking in your direction. His height and hairstyle is extremely familiar to you, but you wait a while longer before you say something to him. As his figure gets closer you realize who it is and call out to him, "hi Lukas!" Waving your hand in his direction you wait for some sort of response. He looks at you, meters away from the bench, then raises his hand, "hello." A calm smile sits on your face as you wait for him to take a seat.

He takes a seat next to you and leans back on the bench, "I was just coming to see you." This makes your brow rise, "really? I'm just heading back from grocery shopping so is there something you need?" Lukas turns to glance at you but then stands up. You just sit and wait for him to do or say something.

A stray car passes in front of him, illuminating both of you with its headlights. The sudden light revealing Lukas's dull blue eyes and his flawless face. "I want to kiss it," you thought without realizing it. Did you really just think that? Of course you did. Who wouldn't? Lukas is gorgeous! And his mysterious personality just makes him more desirable to any man or woman. Not to mention the fact that you like-like the Norwegian man. Your like-liking him makes the whole just friends thing a whole lot more complicated.... For you anyway.

"Hey. ____," a sound resembling Lukas's voice breaks through your mind palace. You blink then look up to see him staring closely at your concentrating expression, rather too closely. Leaning back in the bench you fight the urge to blush, "yea?" Lukas stares at you for a bit, his eyes staying locked with yours. You wait. And wait. And wait. It feels as if you are waiting for eternity, but it is just ten seconds before he finally speaks. "Let me carry those," he says in a flat tone. His weird but generous gesture makes you smile, "thanks so much!" He just nods and starts to pick up four of the heavier bags, leaving you with the lightest ones. You grab the remaining three and stand next to him, "ready to walk?" Lukas nods then begins to walk in the direction of your house, you only a few steps behind him. As he walks in front of you you can not help but daydream about him. What if you did not have these bags of groceries? Would he have held your hand instead? "That is just wishful thinking," you tell yourself.