1

Waylon knew he wouldn't escape.

The walls of Mount Massive Asylum had very obviously held many people through to their deaths. He knew by the stench. By the smell of death that hang over him like a cloud. He knew by the many bodies that littered the halls as he made his way down them without direction. He knew by the experiments that he had witnessed while working under Murkoff.

Waylon had never knew of the extent to which those experiments had harmed the patients. Not until he was one himself. Maybe he was lucky. To still be mentally stable, or as close to mentally stable as he could be in this situation, to not have been turned into some awful creature such as the many men he had come across while looking for a way out. A way out that he never found...

The blond man felt exhausted. Cold. Hungry. Weak. His body held onto a dull ache from running so much and from the injury to his foot after his fall in the courtyard. Waylon wasn't even sure what time it was, but he was aware of the slight light in the sky above, as if it were trying to say that morning was coming soon. It was something that Waylon was hopeful of before. Something that he was determined to see. The morning. Daylight. He felt it might mean freedom. But by now, Waylon has given up. The thought of morning was bitter to Waylon now. It was a reminder that he would be stuck here to die.

Waylon did not feel any safer in the Vocational block as he did anywhere else. Not that he expected to. It was unusually silent.. Elsewhere, Waylon had heard the voices of variants, screams, the thud of a falling object or something breaking. It was never this silent. So silent that Waylon swore that one could hear his heart beat. He knew it was not empty, there's no way it could be. He had just escaped a man above him, who kept raving to himself on and on in different voices...Waylon didn't realize it was one person until he had come face to face with him.

It was more unsettling that the man from before was absolutely silent now. If he hadn't had that run in, he would have assumed there was no one there. It was just silent. He could barely even hear any sound from the wind. It made Waylon feel nervous. His hands shook as he made his way slowly through the vocational block, looking around, mostly through the screen of his camera...it was so dark. He mainly relied on the night vision feature. Waylon hated that he couldn't see as much as he wanted.

A noise sets him off. In the silence of the block around him, the noise was almost enhanced. Waylon swore he jumped almost a foot in the air, and he tripped, causing him to give a groan as pain shoots through his leg. He swore under his breath and looks around cautiously. He wondered if it was a variant. He keeps quiet, moving into the shadows and looking around a bit more than before. He could have sworn he heard a hum.

In fact, Waylon was right. It was a hum. This sent Waylon into a panicked state. He picked up his pace a bit, as much as he could at least, and made his way down a hall. He has to be able to get out of here someway, right? At least out of this section. His chest burned by now, from all the running he had done. He was about to grab the handle of a door, when in the window appeared a face.

The face belong to a tall man. He was almost as tall as the door itself, the terrified Waylon. Then getting a glance of his body, from what he saw in the window...he was huge. His voice and smile made him tense up, sent chills through his body.

"Darling!"

The man behind the door stared at Waylon though the door for a moment before turning to walk down the hall at a quick pace. Waylon is sure that he needs to run. In a quick moment, Waylon turned to look toward the other entrance of the room, seeing the large man now coming from the door. Waylon's eyes go wide. He was HUGE. The man had some scarring on his face and was wearing some tattered and hastily sewn together excuse of vest and bow tie. Something was familiar.