XXXII

Joe's POV

As I opened my eyes I felt the harsh light peeking through the curtains . I groaned and pulled the covers over my head , trying to curl back up into the nice darkness . I made a small hole to see out of and rolled over to Jenny's side . I reached a hand out to grab hers ,but I was met by thin air . My hand plopped down on the bed where she was supposed to be . I poked my head out and saw an empty spot. I furrowed my eyebrows and scrambled up to go downstairs . She was downstairs eating a piece of toast and flipping through a book . She looked up at me and smiled , quickly shutting the book and shoving it in her bag .

"Good morning , Joe ." She grinned , giving me a quick hug.

"Morning ," I yawned , sitting down on the chair beside me. She was wearing a corduroy skirt with a thin white blouse , with her hair in a messy bun . I forgot that she had work . I was still waiting on that callback , that was frustrating along with this headache . I'm going to kill Rami for challenging me to a bunch of beer races .

"Im assuming you've got a pretty bad hangover ?" She chuckled , grabbing her bag full of sketches .

"Worse than you could imagine ," I laughed gently , rubbing my eyes . "How bad was I?"

"Not too terrible ," She smiled , checking the time on her phone. "Although , you did forget that we live together ." She laughed , tucking a piece of hair behind her ear . I blushed in embarrassment, at least I didn't do anything too terrible .

"I've got to go to work now . I'll not be able to come home until like 7:30 , I've got to do some extra work with Tommy and Peter ." She smiled apologetically , giving me a quick peck on the cheek .

"No , that's fine. I'll probably just be home all day ." I grinned , returning the kiss back .

"Love you !" She called as she jogged to the front door , opening it .

"Love you too ." I called back , once again rubbing my sore eyes . I frowned at the thought of being alone all day . Usually she stops by at lunch . I did think about the fact I could be lazy all day . But I didn't want to be lazy , but then again , that empty spot on the couch looked inviting .

Jenny's POV

"Okay , ladies and gentlemen , can I please have your attention !" Mindy exclaimed , shaking her arms around . We all slowly turned towards her , waiting for what joy she was to bring to us today .

"As you have heard , we have a new assistant for Jennifer . He's new here , so Peter , Jenny , how about you two take off a little bit and show him around ?" Mindy suggested, gesturing towards a figure who was standing out of our eyesight . He slowly walked out and looked too shy to even look up . He had curly blonde hair and piercing green eyes . He looked familiar. Strangely familiar, but I couldn't find a familiar face . Wait .

George ?

My heart quickened at the thought . I then relaxed when I remembered George had black hair .

"Guys , this is Paul Riddell . He's moved here from Australia and is new in town . So , Jenny , Peter , how about you guys give him that small tour ?" Mindy said with a plastered smile on .I felt even more relieved when he was from Australia .Peter and I glanced at each and we quickly got up .

"So , is it just me , or is he pretty cute ?" He whispered to me , leaning his arm on my shoulder . I laughed and shrugged . He was somewhat attractive I guess .

'Thought you were going steady with Ben ?" I asked, looking at him .

"Oh well yeah , duh . I would take Ben over hin any day . But I can still look at this cutie . Besides , I like Ben better ." He smiled , as we got closer to Paul . He quickly lifted his head up and shyly smiled .