LXX

Joe's POV
9:30 PM
"So you called me to tell me that the mall only sold Nike shoes?" I grinned, grabbing a bag of chips and heading upstairs. Jenny giggled on the phone, a door shutting behind her. She was probably in her room then.

"Yes! You don't understand, I was looking for a pair of Fila shoes and I couldn't find any! It was like that time we went to Florida one year to visit my uncle and you couldn't find a Champion hoodie! It was an emergency! She argued, but not in a heated way. It was more playful and giddy.
I smiled to myself, opening the door to Robbie's room and checking everything out.

"Hey, I'm in Robbie's room right now, it looks really neat when you turn off the lights. I'm so glad you convinced me to get the little lights that look like stars." I said, gently flicking them.

"Aw, send me a picture sometime! Joe, Robbie has been kicking like so much lately! When I come back, he'll have to kick! He probably doesn't like you-joking!- anyways...

As Jenny rambled off, talking about where she's been and what she's been doing, my heart ached almost even more realizing she's that far away from me. If she was home, we probably would still be fighting, so at least we are actually talking. She didn't seem angry or sad, she seemed really happy.

Without me?

No. That's another crying session to worry about.

"Yeah, Ben misses Peter too. Hey, you want to go on face time? I'll actually be able to see you, my computer is fixed," I smiled, leaning against the wall.

"Yay! Okay, I'll get my work computer, since I was planning on sketching some designs, which I did, I'll send them to you. Actually, keep in mind the bodies aren't really realistic, but they'll fit the mannequins."

I chuckled. "Okay Jen. I'll hang up and the call you on the computer, okay? See you in like one minute."

*****
11:30 PM
Jenny's POV
"Joe shut up! You're making me terrified of giving birth! I don't need to know I'm going to shit myself while pushing out our son!" I snorted. He cackled, sticking his feet in the air as he scrolled through his phone, searching for more fun facts on labor. He looked all cute just laying around in a shirt and boxers, his head slightly hanging off the bed and his mismatched socks all bunched up. He sat up, his hair all ruffled and sitting up.

"What are you looking at?" He teased, letting his tongue glide over his teeth as he got closer to the screen.

"I'm looking at your face, is there a problem with that?" I said back playfully, grinning at him when he laughed.

"No, I love looking at my face too! Especially when I have a beard." He winked, setting down his phone. "Hey, where's all the rest of them at? Like Peter, Lucy and Emilia?" He asked, resting his head on both of his hands.

"Getting shitfaced. I can't do that for obvious reasons." I laughed, smiling at him. He grinned back, his eyes looking brighter than usual.

"I miss you Jenny," He smiled sadly, tilting his head. "I'm excited to spend time with you when you get back." He said awkwardly, rubbing his neck.

"I'm excited too! We needed this, and it's going to be better when I get back-

"Jenny!" Peter wailed, bursting into my door. I forgot I shared a room with him. I looked up, bewildered at his appearance. His hair was all messed up, his baby blue shirt halfway unbuttoned, and his shoes off.

"Peter what's wrong?" I asked, getting off the bed and waddling towards him. It's hard walking normally with a baby in your stomach, okay?

"Ben and I got into an argument on the phone! We never get into arguments! He-He doesn't love me anymore!" Peter sobbed, the bitter scent of alcohol coming from his mouth.