Chapter 66 - What Happened To Cris?

Tuesday, December 1st, 2020

Kam's POV

How could he do this? Cris promised me yesterday he would not overindulge in wine. I hope he didn't drink this whole bottle today.

"848, what's your emergency?"

"Please send an ambulance to 3402 Estate Circle! My husband passed out! Please hurry! I think he drank a whole bottle of wine and he is Diabetic! I stuck him with my EpiPen, but he is not waking up!"

"An ambulance is on the way, ma'am! Stay with me on the line! What is your husband's name?"

"Cris Fiore."

"Hang in there with me, Mrs. Fiore."

I heard my dad approaching Cris' office. "Kamea, what......"

"I found him passed out. Daddy, Cris has been drinking more than the amount he is allowed to drink as a Diabetic. An ambulance is on the way."

"I'll call Marco or someone to watch the kids! I'll open the front door as well." My dad left the office.

I held Cris in my arms while I kneeled on the floor. I put his head near my belly, hoping he could hear the twins' heartbeats.

"Cris handsome, please don't die! I can't raise our kids without you. The thought of you not being with us hurts. Please, Tiger, don't leave me."

The tears were falling like a steady stream. My heart can't take it if he dies.

"Mrs. Fiore, are you still with me?" I heard the 848 operator say.

"I'm still here, barely."

My dad came running back into the room. "The ambulance is coming this way," He then says while out of breath. "Marco is at a photoshoot in California but is on his way back to Florida. Bliss and Shane are going to come over and watch the kids. They are on the way. Isabela and Antonio are going with us to the hospital."

Two paramedics came inside with a stretcher. They lowered the stretcher, then placed Cris on it. The stretcher was raised up, my dad helped me off the floor, and helped me out to the ambulance. "I'll wait here, Kamea until Bliss and Shane arrive. Then, I'll make my way to the hospital."

I hugged my dad, then the paramedic helped me in the ambulance. The door was shut, and we were on our way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we made it to the hospital, Cris was rushed to the emergency room, and I was taken to the waiting room.

I need to stay as strong as I can. I have 5 small children at home that I need to take care of, and two in my belly. As I turned my head to the entrance, I saw Isabela, Antonio, and my dad running inside.