Chapter Two: Night Walking

Above is Gui Fedrizzi; it's what I imagine Malach to look like.

***

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned as I turned over and shut off my alarm. One thing was for certain; I hated mornings. With a passion.

I sat up in my bed and looked over at the time: 7:02 am.

I don't have to be in class until 9:00 am, but I like taking showers in the mornings. It wakes me up. I like to have plenty of downtime to get coffee.

I gathered all of my shower supplies and jumped in. After I was finished, I went to choose my outfit.

I am not ashamed of my body, and I wanted something bold, so I chose something I wouldn't usually go for.  It was a pair of high waisted black jeans, a black crop top that crossed like an X on the top, a black blazer, and black strappy heels. What can I say? I like the color black.

With hair, I decided to blow dry and curl it and leave it down, and did my makeup. Eyeliner, mascara, and a bold red lip.

After I was done, the time read 8:37. So, I got all my stuff, and walked to the coffee stand next to my dorm building.

I then headed towards my first of two classes I had today; human anatomy. I took a class similar  my senior year of high school, so I think I could be pretty good at it.

As I was walking to class, I caught a glimpse of that Kate girl with her tongue down a guy's throat. Barf.

Looks like she "moves on" fast.

I walked in to my class and decided to take a seat. I was about five minutes early, so I went ahead and took out my notebook and pencil, and also my laptop. I looked around to see there weren't many people in this class. I guess not everyone wants to major in pre-med.

I was too busy getting my stuff ready to notice someone sitting next to me. When I turned back around, I jumped.

"What the hell, man?" I asked breathlessly.

"Ha, sorry, girl." the man said.

"Can I ask why you're sitting next to me  when there are plenty of seats to go around?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Why not?" he asked.

I shrugged in response.

"What's your name?" he said.

"Ella."

"Well, Ella, that's perfect, because my name is Elliot." he spoke with a smile. "Annnndddd, I love that bitchy attitude of yours, so I think we're going to be good friends."

I smiled. "Nice to meet you, Elliot."

His phone dinged.

"Oops. Better put this thing on silent. It's just my boyfriend wanting me to tell him all about my class when it's over." he explained.

Must be nice to have someone who cares in your life.

I shook off the thought. I wanted today to be a good day.

The professor walked in to class.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Professor Richards." she spoke with authority, but also kindness. "Today, we will be starting with the basic human body systems. Can anyone name a few and some of the organs that belong in the system?"

My hand shot up.

She nodded in my direction. "Yes Miss..." she paused, implying for me to say my name.