100 Years Ago

Run

That's all he could think about as he held the Princess's wrist,practically dragging her as they ran the place they once called Hyrule,Flames and Fallen tress,faint signs of bodies being crushed under it all that he couldn't look,he kept his eyes forward ,only making sure to hear running coming from others than himself,the princess and-

The feeling of the princess's hand slipping from his cut his thought short,looking back and kneeling down next to her as she broke down in tears. Link quickly placed his sword away as he jogged over to her,kneeling down next to her,he couldn't touch her as she shook against the floor. " How..." she muttered as her fist clenched into the mud. " how did it come to this..the divine beasts..the guardians,.they've all turned against us .." she said with a shaky breath " him...calamity Ganon..he did this ..everyone,Mipha,Urbosa,Revali And Daruk...they're all trapped into those things.." she whimpered and said loud " It's all my fault! Our only hope for defeating Ganon is lost all because I couldn't harness this cursed power!" She wailed as she kept her head down .

" everything..everything I've done until now ..it was all for nothing .." she looked up at link,tears in her eyes " all my friends..the kingdom..my father,,I tried and I failed them all..I left them all to die.." she muttered before her voice cracked and she burst into tears,dropping herself into Links arms,who  cradled her. he looked up at their third person,they had their back turned to them,arms crossed and head down ,of course they were silent,what could be said anyway...

They,the silent one ,the Guardian, kept watched as link comforted the princess. their job wasn't to concern or comfort the princess so they didn't have to even bat a lid for her .least,that's what they thought until the worse came to worse. Injured and almost sent to the floor,gasping for air as the princess tried to stop them and link from taking any more damage than what they already had but they both refused to back down,it was a chain of protection they both were determined to follow to the end.Zelda kneeled to links side as the guardians started to get closer. " link,save yourself ,I'll be fine! Don't worry about me!" She near begged as link panted for air but refused as he pulled his sword from the earth to stand up,looking up as a Guardian came over,its beam moving around before landing on link,aiming for his forehead. " no!" They and Zelda shouted as Zelda moved in front of link ,Guardian didn't know what got into then,moving in front of Zelda without hesitation with a rusty Shield that was near by.

" princess.." they spoke ,much to zeldas surprise as this was the first time they have ever spoken to her. " take link and Go ,now!" They ordered as they heard the beam of the guardian charge up and the blue light starting to flicker. " but what about -" " i said go!" They shouted this time as the guardian blasted at them,they managed to deflect the first beam but it was only once as the shield broke before their eyes,hitting Them in the chest.their body immediately fell to the floor,leaving Zelda standing alone with a weaken knight and a possible dead,guardian." No.." Zelda gasped as the guardian powered up once more ,this time faster than the last one " no!" She shouted as she got in front of the two and raised her hand,the glow of the triforce shining on her hand as a golden glow radiated from her palm,spreading along the area and part of Hyrule.the guardians went haywire,powering down from the power that came from Zelda,but it was too soon to celebrate.

" princess!" One of the sheikah men shouted as they came to Zelda's side,looking down at the two fallen warriors. " are..are they.." " no..no " Zelda said in a whisper as she held link tightly ,her head immediately went to the sword as it flowed,giving her the sign she needed " he can be saved..?" She asked,almost to the sword and thought for a moment before looking at the sheikah s " take them both to the shrine of resurrection,it's the only chance we have to save them,I leave them both in your hands " Zelda ordered as they nodded and each picked up a body,running as quickly as they could to the shrine of resurrection .

To save Hyrules Champion and His Guardian.