Bullied

The next day, Ruby was walking to school with Nathan, laughing over stuff like she would have done with her ex-friends.

"I can't believe you pushed that kid into the ball pit!" Ruby chuckled as Nathan remembered pushing the kid harassing him into the ball pit. "Aren't you suspended to go back there for a week or something?"

"Yeah, I can't believe you beat me in laser tag."

"I told you I'm a pro."

They both arrived to school and Emma and the girls were staring at her.

"Look girls! It's the loser and her boyfriend!"

All three of them laughed and Kate yelled out, "Just go die! No one here at school cares about you!"

Ruby stopped in her tracks, frozen. And straight away, she ran into school, the 4 girls laughing their heads off.

"Did you see her-" Summer said before Nathan pulled her aside.

"I don't know what has gotten into you. First, you were Ruby's go-to-girl for all her problems! And now, you're friends with that brat!"

"Ugh, Emma's way better than that brat."

"You know, I thought you would be able to control yourself and control the urge to become her friend. We're done Summer." Nathan said, running a hand through his silky, brown hair. "Don't ever expect me to date you again."

And he walked off, running after Ruby. Summer stood there, shocked.

"Forget about him, he's no better than Ruby." Jade smiled, and they all walked off.

Nathan caught up to Ruby, who was standing at the balcony on the tallest building in the school.

"Ruby, don't you dare jump."

She turned her head. A sigh escaped from her lips and she walked backwards. "I don't know why, but I could."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, Ruby was still silent, she hadn't spoken much throughout the day. Nathan gripped her hand and stopped her.

"Please don't tell me they got to your head." Nathan said worried. "You're stronger than them."

"I just, I thought they would just figure out that Emma was a bad person. I guess I was wrong..." She said as she pulled her hand out of his grasp.

"Walking home?"

Ruby nodded and they walked out, her head resting on his shoulder. Emma was walking out with Summer and Jade, Kate was at band.

"You know, we came up with a name because we are the best ever!"

"What?" Ruby said with an unpleasant tone.

"The Queens. And don't you dare disrespect us."

Ruby stifled a laugh. "What makes you think I will actually respect you?" 

Nathan turned his head to them. "Ruby, they aren't-"

"You stole my friends, you brat. You just go around stealing everyone's friends! You're just a little piece of-" Nathan pulled her away with a hand clasped over her mouth.

Ruby kicked and screamed, trying to break free like she did with Cody. But Nathan's grip was stronger than Cody's. He pulled her to the street and let her go, Ruby going right towards his stomach with a fist full of anger.

"What was that for?!" She yelled, punching him.

"I'm not letting you be as bad as them!" 

Ruby sighed, lowering her fists and burying her head into his chest. "I don't know what got into me..." Her voice quietened down.

Nathan sighed and patted her on the back. "It's not your fault. They got themselves into this mess, let's just hope they can get themselves out."