Chapter 14

"Lillian" I called as I walked into the house.

I heard her call from the kitchen. She was seated on the island in the kitchen, doing her assignment from what I could see in the slightly dim kitchen. She was in a white oversized long sleeve Nike Jordan graphic t-shirt. A shirt that I could recognize anywhere. It was Dana's.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked as I took a seat next to her.

She sighed "My English assignment. This is where I think best" she said "Your sister is sleeping upstairs in my room"

Michel rubbed my back "I'm going to go upstairs to get changed, you two can catch up" he said then tried to lean down as an attempt to attach his lips on to mine.

As soon as I caught was he was attempting to do, I leaned back uncomfortable with PDA in front of his sister that I yet must talk about this with. He leaned back with a chuckle as he shook his head, kissing the top of my head instead.

As soon as Michel left to the room, I turned to Lillian in attempt to explain myself to her. She shook her head "It's fine. Michel already talked to me about it, so we don't have to have the talk and all" she said "It's cool. I'm happy for your guys"

"Well, I haven't made up my mind yet" I told her in honesty "I don't know if this is something I want to mess with"

"In that case" she said as she closed the laptop "It's not really my place to talk to convince you to date him or not. Your heart will tell you all you need to do"

I gave her a small smile, as I watched her pick up her laptop and move.

"Well, goodnight" she said as she patted my shoulder.

I stood there for a second, then turned to her just in time she got on the first step of the stairs "Lillian" I called "If I decided to go out with Michel, things won't get weird with you and I? even if something went wrong with Michel and I. I mean like right now"

She shook her head, then let a sigh "Look, this isn't about you and Michel. I am happy for you guys" he said "I'm just a mess right now. It hasn't been three full days since Dana and I broke up, and I already mess him terribly. I just need time to figure all these things out"

I gave her half a smile "I'm here for you, Lillian"

"Thank you, Jade" she smiled before disappearing.

Unlike mine, Lillian had a twin-sized bed; it was enough space for her and Tina to sleep there together. She didn't have a couch in her room, so I had to sleep on the couch in the living-room. I didn't mind sleep on the couch, I liked the living-room; it was quiet and chilly. Plus, the couch is always better than sleeping on Lillian's floor.

I took out my shorts and t-shirt out of my bag, then got changed into them in the bathroom, as well as tied up my hair. When I came back to the couch, to my surprise, the pillows and blankets Lillian placed on the couch for me were gone. Confused, I went up to Lillian's room to find her and Tina fast asleep indicating that it wasn't her doing; so, I go to the only person that all the fingers point at.

His door was open, so I lightly knock on his door accidently pushing the door open in the process. He was on his knees next to his bed, fixing the bedding on the foldable mattress on the floor. He was dresses in a pair of blue funnel pants and white t-shirt. His hair was messier now, raffled all over the place.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He turned to me then smiled "Getting ready to sleep"

He pointed at the bedding he was fixing "I'm taking the floor" he then pointed at his bed "And you're taking the bed"