A Best Friend's Return

this is the first chapter where I introduce cuss words. I don't like them, but a character requires them. It is part of their personality. I don't know why I needed to say that but ok.

     Nz couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night. It was so different from anything he had ever experienced. Meanwhile, Alex was in the living room watching some movie that was recommended to her on Netflix. It was something about a triceratops writing stories on an app called Wattpad. She thought it was pretty cool.

     A moment later, she got a text from Jessica. It seemed urgent, so she got up quickly.

     "Netherland, I'm going to go check on Jessica! I'll be right back!" She shouted as she left. Nz heard the door lock, to which he got up to continue the triceratops documentary.

     30 minutes later, he got a text from someone. He grabbed his phone and saw that it was from... Jesse. His eyes widened as he looked at the text.

Dude why aren't you answering my texts? This weird portal thing took me somewhere. Get over to my house now!

     Nz quickly texted Alex saying he was going to leave the house. He ran as fast as he could to his house, only to realize he was at Jessica's house. He could only think of what happened. He burst through the unlocked door and saw Alex and Jessica shouting at Jesse.

     "Hey! Calm down! He's my best friend, he's Jesse!" Nz shouted into the chaos. Everyone turned to face him, with Jesse smiling that he will finally get out of the mess.

     "Holy shit, dude. You're here too?" Jesse asked. Nz nodded, ready to explain a bunch of things.

     "Okay, so this world basically has genderbent versions of ourselves." Nz ended. He had been explaining things for a few minutes now. Jesse nodded to everything, understanding everything.

     "Sooo this is a different fucking dimension." Jesse asked. Everyone nodded. "Jesus Christ."

     Nz caught Jessica staring at him, which made him chuckle a bit before getting up.

     "Well, I'm taking Alex home. Jessica, prepare a room for Jesse, he's going to need it." Nz said. He winked at Jessica as he left. Jesse sighed as he saw Nz close the door.

     "Well, shit. Now what the fuck am I supposed to do?" Jesse asked. Jessica checked the guest room in her house to make sure it was clean.

     "Jesse, your room is ready." Jessica said calmly. Jesse got up and walked into it, looking around.

     "Thanks. It looks pretty cool." Jesse said. Jessica smiled as she closed the door. She walked into her room and locked the door.

     Nz sat back down and continued the documentary.

     "Well, Jesse is really something. Does he always curse?" Alex asked. Nz nodded, remembering middle school.

     "Yep, he cussed a lot in middle school." Nz remembered a bunch of memories from the past. Time sure does fly. Just 4 years ago he really wanted to know what sex felt like. Now here he is, feeling it last night.

     Alex joined him in watching the documentary. It was interesting, talking about a little-known triceratops writer known as Harry. Huh.

     Nz began to get a bit bored. The documentary finished and now he had nothing to do. He called Jesse to see if he was fine. Jesse was playing some video games, so he was pretty busy. Nz wanted to play some too, so he walked over to the house with Alex to hang out.

     Jessica opened the door and saw Nz and Alex.

     "Sup guys. Jesse is in his room. The guest room." She said.

     "SHIT!!!" Jesse shouted from across the hallway. Jessica shrugged and let them in. Nz rushed over to the room to see what the commotion was, only to find him playing some PUBG. Nz sighed as he saw his best friend being surrounded by a squad of four and immediately shot down.

     "Wow, even I can play better than that." Nz joked. Jesse turned to face Nz.

     "Great, you're here. Here, play some PUBG with me." He handed Nz a controller. Alex walked in with Jessica. Jesse handed them controllers as well. They played for hours, winning two-thirds of all the rounds they played. They were getting good at the game, so good that they decided to fight against each other. They picked their teams, with the genderbenders on the same side. Jesse and Jessica versus Nz and Alex.

     "You son of a bitch!" Jesse shouted as Nz sniped him from the top of a building. Jessica laughed as she healed Jesse while being shot at from other players. They survived that encounter, with Jesse ready to shoot Nz the second he sees him.

     "Netherland, look out!" Alex shouted. Nz moved out of the way as Jesse rammed a Jeep into the building next to him. Nz was gripping his controller hard at this point. Alex threw a grenade at the Jeep as Jesse got out, exploding hard enough to knock him out. Jessica once again saved him, as she knocked out Alex and made them retreat into another building. Jesse looked at her.

     "Jessica, you didn't have to do that. You could have left me and finished the job." Jesse said. Jessica shrugged, her face having a slight blush. Jesse was brought back into the game when he heard more shooting coming from his direction.

     "Alex, get down!" Nz shouted as Jessica rammed her with a car. Nz tried to save her but Jesse hopped out of the car and shot her.

     "Aww shit." Alex mumbled. Nz shot down and killed Jessica quickly while Jesse ran and found some cover. He threw a grenade at Nz, who just got out of the way. Jesse took a risk and tried to move his cover, but Nz shot him down quickly.

     "You bitch!" Jesse shouted. He punched Nz playfully as he finished the job by blowing up his character. Alex hugged Nz and kissed him, to which surprised Jesse.

     "You guys are dating!?" Jessica asked. They took a few seconds to finish kissing. Alex looked at Jessica and smiled.

     "Yep, even lost my virginity to him last night." She replied. Jessica's jaw practically dropped to the ground upon hearing the sentence.

     "Can't believe you beat me to it." Jesse said. Nz remembered that bet they made years ago, on who could lose their virginity first. He smiled.