Chapter 1

Welcome to Endgame 2.0! Aka, what I think should have happened in Endgame.

I don't normally have a plan for my stories, because they're normally one-shots, but for this, I have a plot that is possibly as confusing as the Endgame movie itself! It won't ever measure up in greatness to the actual movie; it never will, nor am I trying to make it that way, but it's... certainly difficult to put the plot into words. The rules of time travel are confusing, but I've spent some time researching and threading together details to hopefully ensure that there will be no plot holes.

Also, if you see any grammar mistakes or glaringly obvious OOC characterizations, please point them out to me! I mostly write my stories very very late at night, going into the early hours of the morning, and generally, the fact that I've written the story makes me gloss right over any mistakes. I normally read chapters over 1-2 times, but after writing them and knowing what it's meant to say, my brain automatically fixes grammar mistakes in my head without me noticing, sadly. And as for the OOC characters, I try to get them as accurate as possible, but sometimes I slip up. It's difficult to make characters seem real rather than just 2D, and while some people may think that it's just Tony or Natasha who are hard to characterize (they are hard, but so is everyone else), all the other characters have layers as well. I try and project that in my stories, so if you read one of them doing something that seems completely out of character, tell me and I'll do some research to fix it!

Remember- this story is for your all's enjoyment as much as mine, so please don't hold back on the criticism; it's what makes me a better writer. :)

~ ~ ~

Peter Parker felt it.

He closed his eyes and felt every atom in his body split, flakes of his very being dissipate into the wind of the cruel planet he had started to call his own personal hell.

He stumbled into the arms of the only person here he truly knew.
The man who'd saved his life time and time again.

The man who reminded him of home.

He clutched desperately to Tony Stark, Iron Man. Though right now, in his mind, his only thought was hurt, hurt, hurt. So he sought the only comforting presence on this god-forsaken planet. He held onto his father figure, the one person other than his aunt who made him feel truly safe.

Peter Parker, Spider-Man, was dying.

His senses were screaming dangerdangerdanger and his healing was struggling to pull his body back together, to stop the inevitable.

But looking into his mentor's eyes, dismal with pain, he knew there was nothing either of them could do, as much as they yearned to.

So Peter stopped fighting.

He barely registered falling backwards and crashing into the hard rock beneath him, or the feel of his mentor's warm arms around him. He could only look into Tony's face (when had he become Tony?) and see the inevitable mirrored back at him in those dull eyes.

As he let go, he whispered his last words, the ones he wished could ease the pain in his father figure's heart but knew they wouldn't. He wished he could say so much more.

I'm sorry.

And then his body disintegrated into the wind and his words followed, chasing after his remains and echoing mournfully around the dusty red planet.

I'm sorry.

And Tony sat up, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

Because the kid had died, and it was on him.

~ ~ ~

Hello, everyone! As I mentioned before, this is my version of how I think Endgame should have gone, but it'll have a different plot than Endgame so no spoilers (maybe minor ones threaded in there).

This is inspired by 'Breathe, then Repeat' so go check that story out on Archive of Our Own, it's awesome.

And so sorry Chapters 1 and 2 are so short, I promise they get much longer as you go along, I was just dealing with some family issues.