Chapter 11

Peter and Tony stood, looking out over the battlefield for a few minutes before Peter spoke up again. "This place is a mess, who's going to clean it up?"

Tony nodded his head to where Thor and Carol were discussing something. The Chitauri were starting to disperse, moving bodies of their former teammates into piles and tidying things up. "I think they have it figured out, but we can go ask them."

As they approached the duo, they wrapped up their conversation and turned to face Peter and Tony when they walked up.

"I see you've got it handled," Tony spoke to Thor, gesturing out at the Chitauri doing the cleanup. The god inclined his head in a nod, opening his mouth to speak.

"We'll clean up here and then head to Asgard to deal with the threat Heimdall described as Hela. I suspect Loki has done something with my father, Odin, as well, so I'll have to fix that up." Thor's face twisted unpleasantly at the thought, and Tony snorted. 

"Good luck with that, buddy." Tony patted Thor on the arm as the god continued.

"Carol has offered to join us," he said, gesturing to Captain Marvel as she gave a mock salute with a smirk "and so will Banner." 

Tony blinked in surprise. "Bruce is joining you? I thought he was coming back to Earth with us."

Thor shrugged, eyes not meeting Tony's as they instead raked over the group of Avengers in the distance- probably searching for Bruce. "I don't know his reasoning behind it, but if that's his wish I won't decline more help. He did spend a little while off of Earth before this battle, so maybe he has information that will help."

Peter stole a sideways glance at his mentor's face as he received the news. His brow was furrowed and he didn't look particularly happy with it, but the look in his eye suggested that he knew there wasn't much he could do.

Eventually, Tony sighed and gave Thor's arm one last pat. "If that's what he wants, then so be it." he paused again. "I promised Heimdall I would help in exchange for him sending you to help us."

Thor waved him off. "Don't worry about it, Stark. We've got a whole army, along with Danvers and Banner. Plus the entirety of the Asgardian army. We'll be fine. You and the rest of the lot, including young Peter here-" he nodded at Peter, who ducked his head in acknowledgment "- deserve a break."

Tony nodded. "We'll be backup, then."

Thor laughed heartily, clapping Peter's mentor on the shoulder and making him stumble a bit. "Always preparing for the next threat, aren't you, Stark?" he quieted, giving Tony a smile. "Take a break. You deserve it. I know we can call you as backup, but don't expect it, I'm sure we can deal with one person."

Tony snorted. "Alright, Point Break, knock yourself out." he then turned to Carol, handing her something. Peter tilted his head a little, squinting to see what it was. It looked like a fancy high-tech cellphone. Looking back towards Tony, Peter saw he was smirking.

"A bit more high tech than a pager, don't you think?" he said as Carol examined it curiously. Tony continued to explain. "That way we all can reach you instead of just good ol' Eye Patch."

Carol smirked back, punching Tony playfully in the arm. "As long as it's not used for prank calls I'm down for it."

"The jury's out for Sam and Clint on that one," Tony said, chuckling.

"Thanks, Stark," she said, pocketing the device. "Tell Fury I'll be back soon, and that he'd better be taking care of Goose or I'll kick his ass."

"Aye aye, Cap." Tony mocked in the way Peter had learned to associate with his mentor. As they were talking, the four of them started to migrate to where the ships were starting to fire up, Avengers piling in.

"Hey, get on the ship!" someone shouted, and the four of them turned around. It was Clint. "We're going home."

Bruce jogged up next to Thor and Carol. "We're taking that ship," he said, nodding his head to the third ship- the Guardian's ship. Peter supposed that meant the Guardians were going with them as well. "How exactly are we going to get the Chitauri off this planet?" he asked, sparking a discussion between Thor and Carol.

Peter's mentor shook his head. "Maybe they can do some good now that they're not under the control of a mass murderer," he grumbled, shouting a 'good luck' to the trio still arguing about the aliens. Well, Thor and Carol were arguing. Bruce was standing awkwardly to the side and gave a nod in thanks to Tony.

"C'mon kid, let's get back to Earth so you can tell May all about how you saved the Avengers' asses."

"I'm pretty sure she'd kick my ass for putting myself in danger like that."

"Yeah on second thought let's refrain from the details, I don't need Aunt hottie to punch me in the face for letting you get close enough to flip Thanos over."

"Tony."

~ ~ ~

Ehh I don't really like this chapter, it's too short and I feel like they're all out of character, but it's just tying a few loose ends up. Next chapter is the final chapter though, and I think I'm just going to go finish writing that now because I already have most of it and I kind of want to finally finish this book (since it's been over a year by now). So stay tuned for the final chapter in a few hours.

927 words.