Chapter 2

So sorry it took such a long time to update and is so short, I had some family issues that are now resolved and Chapter 3 will be longer.

~ ~ ~

It was quiet. Completely silent.

There was nothing.

Until there was something.

Peter's eyes snapped open and he drew in a shuddering breath, immediately starting to cough. He could feel his atoms binding back together again and it hurt, but it was receding pain instead of increasing pain now, which was good, he supposed. He was still coughing and wasn't drawing in any air, much to his lungs' dismay. The teen was vaguely aware of someone hitting him on the back to try and stop his coughs and multiple alarmed voices echoing in his ears.

"Ow." he rasped. "Please... quiet..." 

Everything fell completely silent- not even a whisper disturbing the air.

Odd. Nothing had been this quiet since he had gotten the spider bite; he could always hear something.

He squinted open his eyes, preparing himself for a bright light- anything, really. What he was met with, however, was a dim, shimmering wall of scarlet red light. He blinked open his eyes, ready to slam them shut again in case a light did happen to shine on his eyes, but he was able to fully open them without any unforeseen consequences.

Everything slowly came into focus, and he rapidly sat up, turning in a full circle. "What-" he breathed out. The red dissipated into whisps, and he was face to face with people who had been his enemies less than a year ago.

The Scarlet Witch stared him in the face, eyes returning to her normal color. Peter realized that she had trapped him in a bubble with her powers so he wasn't disturbed as he regained his senses.

And as Peter spun around yet again, breathing picking up in panicked breaths, he recognized his surroundings.

Around him were the Avengers, every one of them.

He was back at the airport battle in Leipzig.

~ ~ ~

Wow that was really short.