Six

Ember's POV

"When did you move, Em?" Rachel asks as we sit down to start the meeting, she being the last to arrive.

"I did and I didn't. I don't technically live here, but I will in a few months."

"Because that makes any sense." William laughs.

"This is Ashton's house, PaiPai and I have been here all summer basically, but Ashton is leaving for three months this fall, after he gets home from tour we will officially move in here. At least that is the plan right now. But for today, it is bigger than my little apartment and there is food here. So I decided to have the meeting here."

"Ashton is your boyfriend, right?" Rachel asks.

"Yes he is." Jade grins, making me roll my eyes.

"So that's still going well?" Will smirks.

"Very well. Now can we get onto basketball?"

"You're head coach, fill us in." Will nods.

"Okay, first off, welcome to our new coach. I know you both know Jade already, but as of about a week ago she switched from player to coach for us, she is going to be working closely with all of us to learn and helping a lot with forwards and centers. She knows our girls very well, and I think she will bring the right spunk and encouragement our team needs this year."

"We are definitely excited to have her back with the team again. You don't have to talk her up to us. We know how Jade rolls and we are ready to get to work, and we know she is too." Rachel grins at her.

"Thanks, coach Rach." Jade grins.

"Okay next. You're one of us now, the coaches that is. So call us by our names, not coach. Because you are our equal now." I chuckle.

"That might take some practice, but I'll work on it." She laughs.

"Okay. So the real business. Schedules," I hand out the papers listing all of our games planned for the season, going over all four of our schedules with the game days set.

"Okay, and seniors. If we have them all tryout and make the team again, Mia, Diane, Becky, and Sarah."

"Mia will definitely be trying out. She grew so much last season and she knows you plan to have her Captain the team this year." Will comments.

"Diane moved so I don't think she will be at our school anymore." Jade adds.

"Becky and Sarah will try out again too I'm pretty sure. Becky will make the team no doubt if she does." Rachel adds.

"Becky at point and Mia and shooting guard will be a good backcourt. And if Hartley plays forward for us we could have the beginning of a good starting line up." Jade comments.

"Plus, we never know who might show up for the first time at open gyms and tryouts. We may have untapped talents we don't know about." Rachel adds. All of them suddenly looking towards the walkway out of the room at the sound of the front door opening.

"Crys or Ash?" I call out.

"It's your favorite human! Oh and Ash, and Luke, and Michael." Calum's voice rings out.

"Why would it be Crys?" Ash asks as they walk into the room.

"She has Pai. Wanted to take her out for the afternoon. Guys, this is Rachel, William, and Jade. My coaching staff for the basketball season."

"I forgot you were having your meeting today. Sorry to interrupt." Ashton laughs.

"You're fine. We are almost done. Why did you all come over tonight?"