xi. museum exhibits

CHAPTER ELEVEN
captain america: the winter soldier

        LUNA HELD ONTO STEVE as they drove down the DC highway towards the Smithsonian

        LUNA HELD ONTO STEVE as they drove down the DC highway towards the Smithsonian. There was an exhibit dedicated to Captain America, and after a bit of begging and persuading, Luna finally convinced him to go with her.

"A symbol to the nation. A hero to the world. The story of Captain America is one of honor, bravery and sacrifice." The narrator said as they entered the exhibit.

The two of them hid their faces under baseball hats as they entered the exhibit, "Denied enlistment due to poor health, Steven Rogers was chosen for a program unique in the annals of American warfare. One that would transform him into the world's first super soldier." Many parents were lifting their children, and comparing their height to Steve's before the serum.

A boy looked over, and spotted the couple, recognizing them. Steve and Luna both smiled, and Steve put a finger to his mouth, telling him to keep quiet. The boy nodded.

Steve and Luna separated from each other, exploring the exhibit. Luna stopped in front of the display dedicated to Bucky Barnes and slipped her hands in her pockets. Someone put a hand on her back, and she turned around to Steve.

"Best friends since childhood, Bucky Barnes and Steven Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield. Barnes is the only Howling Commando to give his life in service of his country." Luna smiled, reaching over and grabbing his hand, giving it a comforting squeeze.

"That was a difficult winter." The video of Peggy Carter started, "A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve..." She hesitated, "Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months."

"He saved over a thousand men, including the man who would...who would become my husband as it turned out. Even after he died, Steve was still changing my life." She said. Steve looked down at the old compass of Peggy he carried.

🌟

Luna and Steve walked out of the museum. Steve stopped walking, causing Luna to do the same, "Hey, listen, I have to go visit someone." Steve told her.

"Oh, okay." She said and waited for him to walk so she could follow him, "Oh, you want to go alone." She put the two together.

"Yeah. Is that okay?" He asked, concern etched on his face.

"Why wouldn't it be okay?" She asked, "Of course. I'll see you at home." She said and he nodded.

"I'll see you at home." He said and kissed her before walking over to his motorcycle and hopped on, driving off.

"I love you, too." She said and walked away, down the street on her way home. She sighed, and wrapped her jacket around herself, walking down the streets trying to find something to occupy herself.

━━━

TAYLOR SPEAKS !
hey! so, I'm really sorry this chapter is so short. sorry that all these chapters are so short. anyways, I hope you enjoyed and I will see you soon my loves 💕💕

 anyways, I hope you enjoyed and I will see you soon my loves 💕💕