CHAPTER 29

The weather is really warm today, even the sand feels warm under my feet. I wish I could dip my legs in the water, but it's too cold so I won't. The sun is warm today, making me feel very relaxed. I don't mind coming here every day to relax.

"The weather is really good today," Fatima says beside me.

"Yes, it is."

We are walking down the shore of Vik black beach in Iceland. The beautiful black sand is to die for over here. We arrived in Iceland a few days ago. Fatima and I are walking down the beach after a long day of meetings.

"I wonder why Udar is taking so long," Fatima says. Udar is picking us up from the beach.

"Maybe something came up. I'm sure he will be here soon."

"He should hurry, I am tired."

"Are you sure it's because you are tired or there is another reason?" I tease Fatima.

"What are you trying to say?" Fatima replies trying to hide her smile.

"It is clear you miss him, even though you saw each other only a couple of hours ago," I say shaking my head.

"You can't blame me."

"Who should I blame? Your heart?" I tease.

"Yes, it's my heart that misses him."

"I am so happy for you guys."

"Thank you, Umit, but I can only be at peace when I know Liz has been found," Fatima says looking sad.

"In Shaa Allah, we will find her soon." I give her a hug to make her feel better.

"Ameen, and here he is," Fatima says walking towards Udar.

"As salamu alaykum," Udar greets us smiling.

"Wa alaykumu salama," Fatima responds with a big smile.

"How are you, my love?"

"I am fine and you?"

"I am good, are you ready to go?"

"Yes, we are and where did you park? My body is aching, and I need to go home and rest," I say walking toward them.

"Right this way." Udar walks toward the matte-black jeep wrangler he rented for our trip in Iceland.

We are staying with Ismail's aunt. She lives in Iceland and practically forced us to stay at her place. She said she has a big house and couldn't have her nephew and his friends staying in a hotel. She and her husband have 2 children. She is lovely, having made us feel very welcome.

During the whole ride back to Ismail's aunt's house, I felt like a third wheel. Udar and Fatima are talking among themselves while I sit in the back going through my phone, so I won't die of boredom. I wish Ismail was here, I know for sure I won't be bored like I am now. I kind of miss him, and I don't know why since I saw him this morning.

While driving, I remember I wanted to get something on the way home. I ask Udar to stop at the café close to the house so I can get a croissant for Ismail, recalling how much he loves them. I can still remember the first time he ate them. We were having breakfast at the café when I ordered one. He begged me to let him taste a piece because of his obsession with croissants. I gave him a bite of it, and he loved it. Since we pass the bakery on our way home, I decided to get him some. Udar and Fatima share a look after I asked Udar to stop but when I ask what it's all about, they both say 'nothing'. I wonder if it is because I am getting Ismail a treat.

We arrive home after stopping at the café. The house is a two-story building. The front yard is beautiful, with a lush, colorful flower garden. There is a water fountain in the middle of the driveway. The entryway is painted white and there are two grand staircases with a chandelier in the middle. I walk into the kitchen to say hi to Aunt Maria. The kitchen is painted white on white with contrasting black ceramic worktops.