-Two

Joining the hangover crew at the church, I slide down against the brick wall, leaning my head back with a groan. Luke and Harry were sitting on the steps, Sam and Allie we're leaning on the wall as well as Will who just joined beside me. Cassandra was up ahead of us, thinking of a plan as yet none of our parents had come or called for us. We're all confused about where everyone has gone, why they left. "I'll get a car and go to Greenwich to get help." Cassandra finally said after a while of just staring off into the distance.

West Ham was quiet. Everyone was in their homes, calling their parents one after another, trying to make sense why we have lost connection to the rest of the world. I just wanted to know if my mom and Bella were safe. Fuck, even my dad and his new family.

"Why you?" Harry asked, his hand resting on his forehead, his fingers curled into his hair. Now Harry was most definitely hangover, more than the rest of us here. He had a lot to drink after Kelly left yesterday night.

"Someone has to find out where everyone went. We can't all go." Cassandra looked over her shoulder towards us.

"I'll do it," Harry said as he looked off to the side.

"You're sober?" Cassandra asked him and I sighed, standing up, dusting the dust off from my jeans.

Harry harshly chuckled. "Fuck you, Cassandra." She rolled her eyes, looking away. I looked over at Harry, noticing the dark bags underneath his eyes and how his hair looked like he ran his fingers through it multiple times today.

"I'll go with him," I said to Cassandra, making her turn around to face me. I shrugged. "I wanna know what the fuck is going on. Besides, I'll make sure he doesn't crash, just for you."

"I'm not gonna fucking crash," Harry mumbled under his breath. Cassandra pursed her lips together, nodding.

"Luke," Harry knocked his knees into Luke's to catch the boys attention. "You want to see if we can get some of the guys to come with the three of us?" Luke nodded, standing up and pulling Harry with him. I followed the two boys behind them. We ended up getting Grizz to come along, as well as Clark.

"Okay, so as a rule, the more bizarre a thing seems, the less mysterious it is." Grizz turned to Clark and I. "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?"

"You know this shit?" Clark asked Luke who was in the front seat, to which he replied with a no.

"It's from 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' you dumbasses," I said to which Grizz nodded at.

"The point is, there's an explanation for everything." Grizz completed, looking over at Clark who scrunches up his eyebrows in confusion.

"What does that have to do with the Arthur Conan Boyle dude?"

I looked up ahead at the street as the two boys bickered over me. I leaned up in my seat a little as I started to notice that the road was blocked off by trees. "Oh... oh shit," Harry said as he too started to notice what I was looking at. He stopped the car and unbuckled his seatbelt, getting out of his car as he walked up to the closed space. I stood up from my seat in the back as I squinted my eyes at the trees that leaned on one another. Harry slid his shoe on the ground at the gravel as his head was down, thinking. He looked back at us as I raised my brow at him.

He locked his eyes with mine then looked back at the trees before getting back into his car. I sat back down and he roared his car and speed down the street to the other side of town. His tires squealed as he stopped his car and all the boys jumped out the car as I stayed put, my heart pumping as the road was once again blocked off by nature. I slowly got out the car as I made my way to the edge of the bridge, looking off into the distance where even train tracks were cut off by the trees.