-Five

Harry decided to have an after party at his house, inviting me along to join. Though I wasn't too fond of Harry, the game of fugitive as we teamed up definitely made him more decent enough that I can be around him for more than an hour without me getting annoyed. We were hanging out by his pool, a beer bottle between both of our hands. "Do you remember when we used to be friends when we were... ten years old?" Harry asked as he looked over to me.

I hummed, nodding my head as I tapped my beer bottle with my nails. "Back when you weren't an asshole? Oh yeah, I definitely remember." I chuckled, bringing the bottle up to my lips, taking a sip. "Why?"

"I was just wondering, why did we stop being friends back then?"

I shrugged, leaning back with my hands flat against the wet concrete. "You got new friends, I met Becca and Sam, I don't know, we just drifted apart." I looked over to him. "And my ten-year-old self was mad at you for stealing my first kiss."

He let out a burst of laughter, throwing his head back. "It was a dare from Clark!"

"I know." I nodded my head. "That's why I was mad." Okay, I'll admit, I had a tiny crush on Harry when I was younger and that dare crushed me, but I was over the crush eventually. It wasn't like anything would've come out of that crush anyway, he always had his eyes set on Kelly.

"Yeah, I did some pretty stupid shit when we were younger." Harry took a sip from his beer making his lips wet from the liquid. "Ah, I probably still do." He chuckled, looking down at the pool we had our legs dipped in. The pool was bright from the lights, the lucent color glowing on our faces.

"Oh yeah, racing in the streets when our parents disappeared, fighting with Cassandra, throwing lots of parties," I looked over to him with a smile. "The usual stupid decisions."

"Don't tell me you didn't have fun today." He raised his brow at me, a side smirk on his lips. "Because I vividly remember you telling me it was fun when we were laying on the grass."

"Yes," I looked away back down at the pool, watching the water slightly swish around as I moved my legs back and forth. "But as I said, it was a one-time thing. I don't want to waste my time partying and drinking while we're here. I want to try and figure out how to get back home." These past days while we've been stuck here, not a day goes by where I don't think about how my mom is doing or if Bella is missing me like I'm missing her.

A clap of distant thunder rumbles as I looked up to the black canvas sky, no stars to light up the dark world. "We should go." Harry's voice made me lower my head back down towards him. I nodded, standing up.

"Yeah, we should go inside before it starts raining and we get wet as these losers will in a few minutes," I said, mentioning to the group who all were surrounded by the large pool. Harry nodded and lead me inside his large house. The only time I've ever been inside Harry's house was when he had his 11th birthday party and his mom had made him invite his whole class instead of just his friends, but I do remember thinking it was as huge as a mansion.

Living in a one story small house with three small bedrooms, that were probably the size of Harry's closets, his house was a castle compared to mine. Harry opened a glass cupboard and takes out a bottle of peach vodka and two red solo cups. "Planning to get me drunk?" I joked as he poured the liquid into the cups.

"That's the plan." He smirked, handing me a red solo cup. I took a sip, looking over my shoulder as rain started to drizzle down. As a couple of people started coming in, the light rain then started to thunder down on everyone, making them dripping wet in one second.

Harry sat down on his counter and I made my way over to him, leaning against the counter beside him. "See, What'd I tell you?" Harry slouched down, his elbows resting on his thighs. "Now We're the only dry ones."

The lights started to flicker before they shut off for a couple of seconds before turning back on. "Hey, what happens when they go out for good?" Gwen asked.

"Well," I said, turning towards her. "We're in complete darkness." I crossed my arms, leaning my back against the counter.

"No shit." She rolled her eyes. "I mean who fixes them?" When everyone stays silent she continued. "I'm serious. Who turns them back on?"

"Maybe they never go back on," Grizz replied, looking off into the distance.

"Hey, you got any flashlights?" Jason asked Harry.

"I don't know." Harry turns towards him. "Maybe somewhere. Well, iPhone ones." Harry lifts his phone up.

The rain poured loudly, tapping against the windows like as if someone was throwing thousands of rocks at once towards us. It seemed like as if it would flood the streets in a matter of seconds. "Battery's never gonna last," Jason said.

"All right." Clark clapped his hand loudly to catch everyone's attention. "Expedition to the hardware store for flashlights. Who's in?" Right when people started raising their hands, the lights powered off in the house, turning the kitchen completely dark.

"Oh, shit."

"We should get home." The girl next to Grizz said. "Before it gets really bad out there," I turned to look over the back door that was open, seeing that it already looked pretty bad. I couldn't see far out because of how much rain there was. "Before the streetlights go out."

Harry looked over at me as I pulled my hoodie up over my head, getting ready for the walk back to my house, or maybe Becca's since her house was way closer. "Well, you can all stay here." He said, making me look up at him, watching as he turned away to look at the group of people in his house. "If you want." The lights in the house powered back on.

"Well," Helena sighed. "I'm going home." Everyone started getting up as they made their way towards the door.

"Hey," Harry grabbed my forearm. "Do you want to stay?" I thought for a second. "I know your house is pretty far away and it looks bad out there." I sighed, looking off to the side.

It's just for a night and he has multiple guest bedrooms so I nodded. "Yeah, sure." Soon, everyone had left to either go home or go get some flashlights at the hardware store close by but not even ten minutes go by when I get a message from Will telling us everyone had gone out of control at the store.

Harry and I made our way over to the hardware store, his jacket over our heads as we ran over to Cassandra, Will, Gordie, Kelly, and Allie. They all looked at us with raised eyebrows before we all turned back over to the mess in front of us. We all stood and watched as the boys ran and caused utter chaos in the streets. There was broken glass on the floor, a burning car on the side. It seemed as if the rain only grew stronger as it hit the pavement. The boys were running, in and out of the store, their hands filled with items, and even fighting each other over things.

Wounded boys laid on the street surrounded by the shattered pieces of glass as they struggled to get back up and run. The smell of the burning car, the burned metal, and leather filled my senses. The bright red, yellow, and orange flames raging up to the dark sky, the fire illuminating in our eyes. All of this happening because of the empty-headed boys.

Shattering glass behind us caused us all to turn around to watch as two other imbecile boys with hoods covering their faces hopped over the glass they had just shattered into the store.

I looked over at Harry, my mouth slightly hung open, shock clear as day in my eyes. He looked back down at me, his damp curls falling down, as he shared the same expression.

"This is bad," I whispered.