Amigo

Hermione and Draco apparated together to the Ministry, they turned many heads as they walked side by side.

Hermione tried not to mind them, Draco just looked straight ahead as they soon arrived at the Auror office where Harry and Ginny were waiting.

"Why do they look like Mr. And Mrs. Smith about to fight crime?" Ginny whispered to her husband as they approached the two.

"Sorry I'm a bit late, I brought him to check on the body of the first victim" Hermione told Harry, "For what reason? " he asked, "He found something in my mother's body that could connect to this crime"Hermione replied and they immediately went to do their work.

Draco did find another shard in the victim's body, "So she must've been possessed too" Hermione concluded, "But it stayed in her body for too long it killed her, she may have lived if someone brought her to the hospital as soon as possible" Draco said looking closely at the shard and placed it in a vial.

"I'll examine this and send the results as soon as I can" Draco told them,  "Thank you" Harry said, "I think I'm fit to be a forensic too"Draco praised himself.

"Don't flatter yourself Malfoy" Hermione opposed, "I'll take my leave then, I'll run the tests at Guerison" Draco told them, "I'll come along, I'll go check on mum" she said suddenly.

She's going with me?  Draco thought, Is she still mad?

"I'll be back in an hour or two"She told Harry and together with Draco the apparated to Guerison.

Now that you're like, alone with him, speak up you fool Hermione remembered that she needed to talk to him.

Apologize now idiot or lose the friendship for the rest of your damn life Draco opened his mouth to speak.

"I'm so--"

They cut themselves off, "You go first"Draco let her, "Alright" Hermione breathed deeply and gathered her thoughts "I wanted to say sorry for how I treated you when you were trying to be my friend, I really appreciate your effort,  I just pushed you away because I felt too caught up with my breakup with Ron. It was unfair that I treated you that way and I saw you were trying to cheer me up back in the café".

Really? She appreciated all that? Draco smiled, "I wanted to apologize too, for going overboard with my teasing on you. I just... Well I didn't know how to lift your mood and I barely knew you. I tried but it was too much, I'm sorry... " he said with all seriousness "And I'm sorry for how I treated you back in Hogwarts, for what I called you, for the way I judged you and causing you and your friends a lot of trouble".

Both of them couldn't help but smile at each other, "Thank goodness that was settled"Hermione chuckled.

"Yeah, we're amigos now?" Draco asked to be sure, Hermione cracked up. Really? He's being Spanish now? "si mi amigo".

Hermione felt like a heavy boulder had been lifted from her shoulders, she felt a different kind of happy upon fixing things with Draco.

Draco questioned himself, why has it never crossed his mind to ever to this in the past? But nonetheless, he's now friends with Hermione, and joyful was he that he was given the chance to fix this.

"I'll be going now,  see you around" Hermione waved goodbye at him to meet her parents, Draco smiled at her in return.

His eyes followed her as she finally disappeared into the hall. "Your new Mi Amor?" his closest friend in the hospital Dr. Klein Corazon elbowed him, "No" Draco laughed at Klein's question.

"Then what's with the big smile? " Klein wiggled his brows at him, "I'm just happy" Draco replied, "Hm... JUST happy. I bet you're imagining a night with her in the azotea as soft musica plays and you give her rosas and dance the night away with your amor" Klein teased,  Draco glared at his friend but laughed right after.

"You're mental" he commented, "Gracias mi amigo. I know!" Klein agreed, Draco chuckled as he left to run tests on the crystals.

.

"What a sight" Pansy smiled upon what she saw. She witnessed the conversation between Draco and Hermione. She thought of approaching Hermione about the situation with Ron.

Coincidentally, she was at Guerison at the same time Hermione was. I don't reckon she'd want to talk to the woman the stole her ex-boyfriend, but it's worth a shot. I don't want any conflicts with anyone.  Pansy Parkinson had changed ever since she left Hogwarts and had quite a lot of realizations.

She sat outside room 109 and waited patiently for Hermione to come out. Finally, she did.

Hermione froze when she saw Pansy, what came to her mind immediately was What is she doing here? if she's going to rub it in that she's got Ron now, I am in no mood to listen to it.

"Uhm, hi Granger. May I speak with you? " Pansy managed to say despite all the shyness and discouragement that was eating up her whole body.

Hermione was taken aback by Pansy's tone, she was hesitant. "About what exactly?" Hermione said coldly, she was still reminded by the whole scene that had occurred that night she noticed Pansy's face in the moonlight and was distressed once more.

"About Ron" Pansy replied, Hermione, breathed deeply and thought for a moment. If you can talk to your archenemy and fix things with him, you can definitely talk to the woman that stole your ex-boyfriend.

"Alright" Hermione agreed and they agreed to sit down by a nearby café.

.

Draco took out a piece of the two shards he had in possession and checked it through a microscope. Seeing it in a much bigger picture gave him every bit of detail of what it looked like.

The shard was colored in charcoal black, but in the middle of it, Draco saw small particles of glowing green. He wrote down all that he saw and continued to examine it.

"This thing is perilous" he commented after breaking the crystal into smaller pieces. "I'll have to report this to the hairball" he said to himself and wrote a letter to Hermione.

Well this is ironic, I'm working with the girl I once loathed. And I'm doing it willingly.!