Chapter 2: A Test

Neo POV

I didn't agree with the plan. The dead should be allowed to rest, especially this one. But Cinder insisted that we needed him, so here we were.

The tome she had returned with from wherever she went had said he would have no memory of his previous life, unless shown something significant to his past. So far, nothing had triggered his memories. The only thing he would know was how to kill, and how to take orders without question. That's why Cinder wanted him, a slave that would not, and could not, voice their opinion.

The spirit was curious about everything, or at least I thought it was. It looked around the blacked out car windows at the city. It studied the people, the vehicles, the buildings, and even itself. The Kodachi short sword we had given him fit his hand perfectly, just like it always fit his.

An accident, they called it. He had gotten in the way, they said. But they never even retrieved his body. It didn't matter now, what was done, was done. What now replaced him was this dark apparition, that wielded his blade.

Eventually, we pulled into a warehouse. We had been using it for a base ever since we started our... alliance, with the White Fang.

Once the warehouse door was shut, we stepped out, the spirit teleporting out it's seat. The lights were dimmed, as ordered, and kept the spirit visible to us, but not harming it. Cinder called to the phantom, "To me."

Without hesitation, it appeared in front of her. It bowed, waiting for her orders.

"These lights will shut off once I give the order, bringing you to your full power." She told the ghost, which continued to bow, unmoving as she spoke, "When I tell you to, you will hunt down all the Faunus in this room. You are to expose them, however you deem necessary, but you are not to kill them. Understood?" She said as commanding as a military leader would.

The spirit bowed lower, then stood straight. The solid white mask was unnerving, but the black abyss that were his eyes made me shiver. He swiftly, but fluidly, moved into a ready position.

Cinder whistled, and the lights shut off. The only light that remained was the faint light that barely pushed through the blacked out skylights. That light was just enough for us to barely make out our shapes. The White Fang grunts would still have near perfect vision in this lighting.

"Hunt." Cinder said, quickly and sharply.

The spirit once again did not hesitate. In a matter of seconds, grunts came flying out from behind shipping containers, off of catwalks, and out of rooms. The doors that were closed were thrown open, and its room's occupants were thrown out.

This had happened in two minutes. Two minutes of men and women being thrown out of different places in the warehouse. The spirit returned to where it originally stood in front of Cinder and bowed. We almost couldn't see it if it wasn't so close to us.

"Lights!" Cinder shouted. After a few groans, some shuffling, and the crash of an off balance Faunus, the dim lights returned.

We scanned the room. Thirty hiders had tried to hide, all were exposed. Most laid sprawled across the ground in pain. Others were trying to stand, to most of their failures.

A door from the outside quickly opened, then closed. The well dressed Roman Torchwick, my mentor slash adoptive guardian, followed by Adam Taurus, the leader of the Vale branch of the White Fang.

Roman was clapping, "Bravo, bravo. I'd love to see how well he would be able to pull off a night time robbery." He joked, but I'm positive he was also giving a suggestion.

Adam held a scroll with the warehouse's camera feed, "Impressive to say the least." He said, begrudgingly, "It didn't even appear on the camera feed once the lights were shut off."

"Which will make it a great tool for our plans." Cinder said.

I made my way to Roman and caught his attention. I used my eyes to motion to him I wanted to talk to him separately. He nodded. As I walked into our planning room, I heard him make a quick excuse, and speed walk his way to the room I was entering.

Her plan was going to backfire, and I was going to make sure Roman and I were ready.