Encounter A Griever...Check

I was cold, yes I was definitely cold and sleeping. I groped around feeling for a blanket, but I only felt cool hard stone scrape against my hand. Something is not right... I thought to myself. My eyes snapped open and fear began to engulf me. I had no clue where I was, or who I was.

I sat up and shuffled backwards until my back hit against a hard stone wall. My breathing quickened as I looked around, fearing that I might be completely encased in this weird stone building. I wasn't, there were tall walls all around me, some with ivy draping haphazardly off corners and others cracked and scraped, as if someone, or something had been here before me. But there was no roof on this place, I tilted my head up and gazed at the fading stars that patterned the lightening sky. It was almost sunrise. Good, I don't want to be here when it gets dark. Wherever here is.

I began pacing. Not sure which direction would lead me farther away from a possible exit and which would lead me closer. My brain was moving a mile a minute. Everything's missing, oh god. Who am I? I don't even know my own name! No back-story, no name, no age, no family, absolutely no idea where I am! I don't even know what I look like! My breaths were ragged now, I had to calm down. Panicking is going to get me nowhere. I shut my eyes and leaned against the cool stone wall. I tilted my head forward and felt my hair fall into my face. I pushed the long strands behind my ear before the thought hit me.

"Stupid!" I mentally smacked myself as I opened my eyes, took a piece of hair in my fingers and stared at it. It was a gingery-auburn colour, and it was long and slightly wavy. I looked at the rest of me, I was thin, but muscular (as if I did a lot of running), and I was wearing black pants with the bottoms rolled up slightly, I had on tank top, with a loose long sleeved top over it. Okay so I know my appearance, what about where I am. I stood up and took a proper look at where I was. It was some kind of maze...

Something was off about the stone though, it wasn't weathered at all. I ran my hand along the wall. It was obviously meant to appear old, but it was so new, only about three or four years old in fact. This had sparked my curiosity. However I didn't get to ponder for very long.

A loud rumbling had made me jump back a good three feet. The walls were moving! These giant new-old walls were moving themselves without any visible means of doing so! First of all whoever put me in here must sure hate me, because solving a gigantic maze with no memory is difficult on its own, solving a gigantic maze with moving walls and no memory was just rude. A loud scraping and whirring noise shut my thoughts off completely.

The sound was terrible, and it was the only thing I could hear. I could hear metal scraping against stone, and the metallic joints creaking as the whatever-it-was moved. I dreaded seeing the thing that belonged to those sounds, unfortunately I didn't really have much of a choice. Seeing as this gigantic slug like creature with metal arms and spikes and basically a whole variety of sharp looking metal things that could most certainly impale me moved towards exactly where I was standing. It was going slow now, but I wasn't willing to find out if this...thing, could move any faster.

I ran, as fast as I could in the other direction. With a metallic whir and scraping the creature took off after me, and it could move fast! I sprinted around corners and ducked under beams of rock, I had no idea where I was going and I had no idea how I was going to not get killed. The constant sound of metal on rock was a grueling reminder that the thing was still behind me. I got around one more corner and was forced to close my eyes. The sun was blinding! I kept running, ignoring the white dots that where now swimming in my vision. I ran and ran until the whirring wasn't audible anymore.

I stopped, my hands were on my knees and I was panting. Gasping for breath I tried to understand when the thing had stopped chasing me. I racked my brain, muttering words like; when and where aloud. How had I not noticed such a crucial piece of information?! I blinked away another little sun dot that was still in my eyes.

"Ah ha! The sun!" I smacked my hand over my mouth. I'm not really sure why I just got the feeling that yelling was not really the wisest of decisions. It left when the sun rose! So hopefully I should be safe now. Okay that gives me all day to find a safe spot and maybe some food. I started jogging again. I don't know why but running makes me feel alive! I picked up the pace, not sure of where I was going. I just wanted to run, to clear my head for a moment. I was at full sprint when I turned (very tightly) around a corner and ran, at full speed into something...someone actually.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: All character's are from the brilliance of James Dashner, and the ideas and pretty much everything except my character but that's pretty obvious....

Also the cute chapters are "Sorry... and The Not So Effective Get Away" incase you were bored by this one. (the latter is really cute I think tbh...okay i'll be going now)