The Passing Of Time

Disclaimer -  I own none of these ideas! They all belong to James Dashner...except Autumn but that's besides the point 

A/N - So I think I'm gonna actually pick an actress for Autumn eventually cause why not...so these are some of the people I've come up with so far from most likely to least likely (and if they don't have red hair imagine it please :/) 

Georgie Henley, Shelley Hennig, Zoë Sugg, Jenna Coleman, Holland Roden... please suggest more cause I need some more choices or tell me who you like best :) 

Autumn's POV

        A few weeks had passed. The...memory attacks, I guess you could say didn't stop. They kept coming after that first one, a steady flowing stream of them. It started out very similar to the first, the smallest glimpse of my past life...sometimes it was scenery, sometimes a nameless face, sometimes they were even as simple as seeing a stranger pass me on a street. Although the amount of memory didn't seem to affect the physical strain it put on me, which happened to be a lot.

       It was enduring and seemingly pointless. None of the memories were actually helpful in any way, even if I saw faces I couldn't put names to them, I saw places but I couldn't recall where they were, I saw the sky but I had no idea what was wrong with it... It was like slowly putting together one of those massive puzzles, but only having the unimportant pieces. I was missing something and I knew it... 

        It also didn't help that I wasn't allowed to run because of them either! Why is the universe so against me running in this shuck Maze?! Now I was left with nothing to do but wallow in my thoughts and "help" around the Glade. Let's admit...I'm not really doing anything, but everyone is afraid I'm going to shucking explode if they give me any real work.  

        Which explains why I am currently sat at the very back of the Deadheads avoiding life. I need to figure out what these memories mean and why I'm the only one who's getting them back. Most of all I think I remembered how I got into the Maze and suppressed it...I needed to find the memory again so we could get out. 

        I stood up and began pacing, hearing the soft crunch of foliage under foot as I walked back and forth. I ran my hands through my hair, pulling at any of the tangles, racking my brain. Think, think, think, THINK! Okay so I can remember a ton of useless klunk...why? It has to be important. I closed my eyes and stopped pacing, thinking hard. There's something wrong with the world, the blazing sky, the scabbed people...something really, really bad happened, but what? I pictured the orange sky in my mind, synthesized what the intense heat may feel like. So was there a fire...no, that doesn't explain the people. 

        I was searching for something so hopeless, I barely had any information and none of it made sense...all I know is something bad happened, and I put myself in the Maze. Why would I do that? But I already knew the answer...Newt. I shook my head, focus! Okay so I put myself here, how did I get in? I remembered very little of that memory. I remembered a room with a computer, it was dark and cold...perhaps underground? I remembered having to climb out but the rest was fuzzy. Like I was looking through a frosted window, everything was there it just not clear... 

~*~*~ 

        I have no idea how long I stayed there, digging through my thoughts. Attempting to uncover anything that might have been useful. I sat slumped against the hard rock wall of the Glade, eyes squeezed shut. It was no wonder I didn't see anyone approach me...