Familiarity

Disclaimer -  These ideas are the brillaince of James Dashner... (whoa that got lazy) 

A/N - Okay so first of all some of you guys didn't get the 'best friend' thing because I made a weird reference and prayed to god someone would get it... I shall explain!

So in the Taylor Swift song "You Are In Love" part of it goes "Pauses, then says 'You're my best friend' and you knew what it was, he is in love..." And so that line was from the context of that and that's why I kept saying you guys should listen to the song cause that part would make wayyy more sense if you did... and yeah (they haven't been friendzoned, it's hard to explain) 

And sorry for not updating yesterday...I got really, REALLY busy... :/ 

Newt's POV 

         I closed my eyes, head balanced on top of Autumns, breathing her in. Her sweet smell a mixture of cinnamon and something I couldn't quite think of. I felt her chest rise up and down in sync with her now even breathing. She lay still, I'm pretty sure that she fell asleep. 

        I felt her small body pressed perfectly into mine, something about it was just so familiar. I longed to know more, to understand what she meant every time she said some cryptic message after her memory attacks. She never really explained them, it's understandable of course, how would you describe something to someone with no memories of the world? I guess I'm just concerned, what kind of thing could have shaken her up so badly even though it's just a memory

        Eventually my train of thought stopped, (or I lost interest) and I too felt myself fall asleep, swept away to the land of dreams... 

        Everything was very similar, I was laying with Autumn, the sky was dark and the air was cool. A small breeze drifted through an open window. The location was different..we were in a loft of sorts, the walls were made out of a mixture of concrete and metal, it looked almost unfinished...there was a whole bunch of things strewn across the floor; clothes, books, discarded food, paper, pencils, tablets... Like someone lived here, maybe we lived here?

         My gaze was trained on the ceiling, my eyes traced patterns in the tiny peaks and crevices. I let out a long sigh before pulling a scratchy blanket up over Autumn's shoulders and turning my head to the side, shutting my eyes. After what felt like moments, although I knew it was much longer, I was awoken by a harsh wind. My eyes flew open, there was no wind like that anymore... something's wrong. I carefully extracted my arms from around Autumn and sat up. She shuffled in her sleep but did not wake. I smiled down at her sleeping form, before getting off the bed. 

        I stepped on the cold floor, the wind was blowing all the light weighted stuff in the room around. Squinting into the cold bursts of air, I made my way to the window. I stuck my head out, hair flying in all directions. I couldn't see anything unusual...well besides a crumbling city and a few crazed people... but that was normal for us. Why was that normal? I shook my head, confused and frustrated at not knowing where the source of the wind was coming from.

        Then I heard it; the heavy thuds of boots on floor. I moved back to Autumn and shook her awake. 

        "What's going on?" She asked groggily, sitting up. I shook my head, wishing I knew the answer myself. 

        The rest was a blur. The door was kicked open, lights flickered on, people with guns stormed into the room and I heard screams, and grunts, and punches being thrown. I saw out of the corner of my eye Autumn get knocked to the ground, into unconsciousness by the side of a gun. A felt myself cry out, but a pair of strong hands covered my mouth. I fought, tried to rip the person off of me but I was just a teenager against this...soldier. I felt the sharp prick of a needle, my vision went blurry and the last thing I remember was being dragged out of the building. 

Autumn's POV 

        I felt Newt jolt awake beside me. I moved away from his side, opening one sleepy eye at a time. 

        "What the shuck..." I propped myself up on my elbows, looking at him. His eyes were wide, although I couldn't tell if that was because of excitement or fear, maybe both? 

        "I - I think I remembered something." He stated, the tone of awe clear in his voice. This caught my attention. I sat up, letting the soft blanket fall off of me. 

        "Really?" He nodded, his blonde hair caught the light as he did. 

        "I think...you were there, but then someone came and you got knocked unconscious and I got drugged and taken somewhere..." He scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion. 

        "Wow, real cheery memory you had there." Not that yours are any better. I scoffed to myself. Should that be possible? Can I really scoff at myself? Apparently I can... Newt didn't say anything, like he was very deep in thought. Maybe it was possible, that he remembered something. I have been, but then again I'm not exactly the most normal person in the Glade... I heard him sigh and I saw him shake his head. 

        "There's just so much missing from it. Like what happened? Why was the city all wrecked and why were there buggin' crazy people?" 

        "Wait, say that again." 

        "Crazy people?" 

        "Yeah...crazy people." 

        I could practically see the gears turning in his head and a light bulb going off. His brown eyes widened, looking a little lighter in the morning sunlight. His mouth parted to create a small 'o' shape. I nodded slowly. 

        "Yeah...it was a memory." I confirmed. Newt tilted his head slightly to the side, as if something had just dawned on him. I had a feeling I knew what that something was. Without warning he reached out and enveloped me in a hug. It was one of protection and comforting. I smiled into his shoulder and wrapped my arms around him. 

        "That must have been bloody terrifying." 

A/N - Well um, that chapter didn't turn out very good...I have no idea why but that was extremely difficult for me to write, sorry guys :/ 

But anyways...this book is going to end soon (like when Thomas comes), but don't worry cause there'll be a sequel 

Also I'm chosing Shelley Hennig to play Autumn :)