Chapter 13: Evie's Pet

Rescue team Forest-Fire stood in the forest on the edge of town. Evie hadn't tried this before and she hoped it worked, she whistled loudly and waited. There was a rustle amongst the trees and moments later Kin was crouching before the trio, he stalked forwards and rubbed himself against Evie, he began purring.

"Okay, down boy." Evie said pushing him away with a paw, he looked at her curiously, then he sniffed the air and looked around, he noticed Kira and cautiously approached the fire chicken. Kira took a step backwards and chuckled nervously.

"Evie, what's he doing?" She asked in a strained voice.

"I don't know." Evie said confused.

Kin sniffed Kira's feathers, then he smiled and started rubbing against her.

"Evie, you said Kin gave himself to his instincts, he's being controlled by them?" Twigs asked with a small smile on his face.

"Yes."

"Then maybe what we're seeing right now are Kin's mating instincts."

"What?!" Kira screamed jumping away from the Riolu. Kin cocked his head curiously and looked at Kira confused. Kin walked towards Twigs, he sniffed the Turtwig before returning to Evie's side, he sat obediently and looked at her expectantly.

"I suppose we have a new team member." Twigs said looking at Kira and Evie.

"Fine but keep it away from me!" Kira exclaimed.

Kin isn't an it, he's a he, Twigs waited for Evie to defend him, but she didn't. He shook it off and looked at the girls. "We should go back, get dinner and go to bed, busy day tomorrow."

"You go ahead, I'll be there in a sec." Evie said, Kira and Twigs gave her questioning looks. "Sorry, I have to talk to Kin quickly."

They nodded and began walking, when they were out of earshot the Eevee looked at the Riolu.

"Kin, if you're listening, please, please come back to me. Kin, I'm really mad at you, but I still need you, and I miss you, please come back."

The Riolu looked at her confused, he didn't understand. Evie groaned and grabbed his paw, she placed it over her heart and looked into his eyes.

"Kin, feel my Aura, look at it, see how much it hurts, and please, please come back."

Riolu blinked and frowned, he pulled away from her and dropped to all fours, he looked scared. Evie grew angry, that was it, her friend was gone, he had betrayed her when she needed him most.

"Fine then, until you wake up you are my pet, I am your master, you do as I say. You left me alone, don't expect to be well-treated, I don't want you as a pet, and until you come back, I'm going to make sure you know it, you're going to know the pain you caused me!"

Kin lowered his head in submission. Evie turned and smacked him across the face with her tail, the brutal strike left an angry red mark. Evie began walking towards the guild, she whistled and Kin trotted after her.

That night Evie, Twigs and Kira ate at in the guild's mess hall, Kin devoured the scraps thrown to him by his master, he slept on the hard-stone floor, while Evie, Kira and Twigs enjoyed soft beds. Kin tried to join Evie in her bed, but she growled and told him that he deserved no better than the floor.

Over the course of the next week this continued, Kira and Twigs liked Evie, they got on well and all became good friends, but the way she treated Kin. He was still a Pokémon, but she treated him like trash, it made them sad and uncomfortable.

*******

"Ugh!" Evie grunted, she skidded backwards but stood her ground, she fired a Shadow Ball at the Klink and knocked the Pokémon unconscious.