Chapter 34: Graduation

"Alright, according to the guild-master at the end of this dungeon lies a chest. In the chest there's a treasure. The test ends the second one of us gets it. Ready?"

"So ready!"

"Yep,"

"Well team, lets rock and roll."

"Like a Geodude."

Kin looked at Evie with a raised brow. "What?"

"A Geodude, it's a rock and it rolls. Rock and roll, like a Geodude."

Kin sighed and gestured vaguely. "Let's just go."

Evie rolled her eyes as they entered the dungeon. It was hidden behind the waterfalls near Mistveil city; none of them had known it existed until Gardevoir told them.

Pools of water made the dungeon difficult to navigate and the slick rock underfoot was slippery. They slowly made their way through the dungeon, battling water-types and the occasional rock or ground type too.

A Poliwrath loomed over Kin. He looked at it curiously before punching it between the eyes. Poliwrath flew backwards into a wall. Kin smiled as he flexed his paw. He hadn't realised it before but after all they'd been through, he'd gotten a lot stronger. Kin turned to share his discovery with Evie only to see her deliver a brutal smackdown to a Kingler.

Kin groaned as several more Pokémon entered the room, but they were quickly defeated; Soul's Leaf Tornado made sure of that.

Kin grinned at her. "I'm so glad you didn't forget how to fight."

Soul smiled. "Yes, if there is something I remember it's that I... am awesome."

Evie chuckled. "You tell him sister."

"Wait, are we sisters?"

Evie sighed. "May as well be."

Soul smiled. "Oh. Okay, let's keep going."

They continued further on through the dungeon, easily defeating opponents as they went. Finally, they arrived at the end. The floor was a long corridor, water dripped from slick rock walls and puddled at the cave's edges. The tunnel was dimly lit but a soft light emanated from somewhere deeper in. They marched silently through the ominous corridor.

Kin froze. "We're not alone," he whispered.

Evie's ears immediately went up, swivelling as she listened intently. There, something, a noise. It sounded like a claw or talon tapping, dragging, scraping across the ground. Kin closed his eyes and reached out with his Aura. There were two shapes, they were blurry at first but quickly came into focus. Kin grit his teeth and cast out his aura, so that Evie and Soul could see their opponents through the impenetrable darkness.

Kin ran forwards. He jumped and lashed out with a kick, but it was effortlessly blocked. Kin was swatted aside. Evie charged in, she stayed low and swept for the legs with an Iron Tail. A fist sent her flying across the room.

Soul shot her Leaf Tornado. The two figures endured the storm and charged forwards. A foot became alight with fire before kicking Soul in the gut. She grunted as she was flung backwards.

"Is that all you can do?" A mocking voice rang out.

Kin smiled as he stood. "I was about to ask you the same."

The figure cloaked in darkness smiled. "You want to see what I can do?"

"Bring it old man," challenged Kin.

Kin fired an Aura Sphere. It was hit back at him with a Bone Rush. Kin threw a Bonemerang and charged with a Bone Rush of his own. They exchanged blows, both struggling to attain the upper hand. The Bonemerang came back around after its initial miss and hit Kin's foe. Kin dropped his onslaught and switched to Force Palm. His foe grunted as he was slammed into a wall. Kin followed up with a flurry of rapid Aura Spheres.