011 | piece of my heart

chapter kind of inspired by supergirl s4

F I N N ' S  P O V

____3 : 0 3 a mW E  G O T  H O M E

____
3 : 0 3 a m
W E G O T H O M E

we got home and i tucked y/n in the bed, she closed her eyes and i kissed her forehead, i left the room and closed the door.

i sat on the couch thinking about everything that happened to y/n. i put my head in my hands as anger fills me as i thought about who would hurt my baby. who would do such a disgusting thing to the person in the entire world who doesn't deserve it- no one deserves this.

this is my fault. i knew something in my gut that something would happen tonight. if i just went with y/n to the party then she would have been safe. i know she can take care of herself and her friends but im her boyfriend. i should have been there.

paige comes out of the bathroom and sits beside me, she sees how miserable i am and says, "hey finn you good?"

"yeah yeah i-im fine, how about you?" i reply to her, taking my head out of my hands.

"hey come on i know you're not fine, don't lie now" paige says to me and i realize that she's right, from everything that has happened lying isn't going to help anyone and especially not y/n.

"you're right. i just feel so bad that y/n has to go through this, i wish i could just take all of her pain away and make it mine." i confess to Paige and she nods.

"i- i just- i don't-" i try to explain more but i get cut off by my tears.

"hey hey i know what this feels like." paige says to me trying to calm me down

"unless you've met someone that you think is your soulmate then you don't know what this feels like" i say back to her, tears coming down my cheeks as i look at her.

"its like a piece of my heart is wondering around the world and its on its own and i cant protect it- i cant protect her and no matter what ther- theres alw- always gonna be danger and i always can't be there for her" i say everything and i sigh, tears still forming in my eyes and running down.

"i get it, but she's alright now, she's safe and thats all  that matters right now." paige says to me

"we have to be strong for her because she's done the same for all of us and- we just need to be there for her." paige continues telling me and i nod. i stand up and say goodnight and thank you and she stands up to give me a hug and i hug back.

i walk to y/n's room and lay beside her. i wrap my arms around her and kiss her forehead again. i whisper 'i love you' and go to sleep.

this girl means the world to me and i will kill anyone who does her any harm.

AUTHORS NOTE

thank you guys for 1k reads!!! thank you so much!!! hope you liked this chapter i wanted to show how finn felt and i wanted a conversation between finn and paige aka important people in y/ns life