7. PLEASURE

Archangel St. Michael, Cozza, 1650
_________________________

Monday morning, Isaac woke up with an entirely sore body, an aching head, and found that the person he'd spent his night with was already gone. When he walked to the bathroom to examine his body in the mirror, he counted at least four noticeable marks from the previous night: two on either side of his neck, one on his chest, and one on his inner thigh.

Damn bastard. He not only left me to pay for this room on my own, but he also left me a bruised mess?

Before he could finish cursing the other boy, he found on his nightstand a note written in small, neat writing.

Turns out I had enough money left on my card to pay for the room. You owe me one.

Josiah

     He scoffed at the little heart he used to sign his name. What could the virtually flawless Josiah Beckett possibly want from Isaac? He should've just taken his fifty pounds, at least then he'd get something of use. He read further down.

Also, my night could've turned much darker had I not run into you. So, uh, thanks for keeping me company, I guess.

Hell, he was the one who told Josiah to stop thinking in the moment, but he now realized the severity of the aftermath. He let the guy he hated most hold, caress and taste every part of him because he was weak and tempted by the idea of mind numbing pleasure.

How were the two expected to act around each other from this point on?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✦ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Isaac, you're back! How was your visit?" Ash asked with strong curiosity in his eyes. "Care to tell me about this person you needed to see so badly?'

"It's no one of importance, Ash." Isaac hesitated when he realized the reality of his own statement: William was no longer a part of his life. Surprisingly, it hurt much less than it did the first night. "If the teachers ask where I am, can you tell them I won't be at class until around noon? Just tell them I'm feeling sick or whatever, it doesn't matter. I don't feel like going." He was also hungover.

"I guess I can. Is something wrong?"

"Just your usual migraine."

"Must've been a terrible ride then, huh?"

     "Yes, it was very long and quite hard indeed," he sneered. Ash may have been referring to the train ride, but he wasn't. "It had me screaming."

Despite his blatantly suggestive tone, he didn't bother to tell Ash the truth. He deemed it wise to not reveal that he got wasted to the kid who threatened to throw him into a river if he did.

Ash scrunched his face, considerably less sympathetic than before. "If you're in a lot of pain, you should probably just rest for the day."

"Trust me, I would if I could. But I think if I miss another full day without a valid excuse they'll take away my off-campus privileges for sure. If there's one thing I don't need, it's to feel more imprisoned than I do already."

"If you insist, Isaac. See you later then?"

"Yeah, see you."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✦ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Isaac regretted leaving his room the minute he arrived at class.

Turns out, he forgot that midday was when physical education began. By the time he found himself being miserably sorted into a football team, it was too late to escape. To add onto his misfortune, he also forgot that Josiah was in many of his classes, gym included. As expected, Josiah paid him no attention, and Isaac returned the favor. Since they were separated into different teams, they had no need to physically interact. Yet when the game began, Isaac reluctantly found himself in a similar situation as his first day at Eton, eyes hopelessly enthralled by Josiah's elegance and grace on the field. But that's all there was to it obviously, Isaac merely found his intricate movements fascinating, not the subject himself. He was simply captivated by the astounding agility of the long, slender limbs that had once been wrapped around him so tightly.