11. Come Over

I told you I wouldn't call, I told you I wouldn't care
But baby climbing the walls gets me nowhere
I don't think that I can take this bed getting any colder
Come over, come over, come over, come over, come over

We don't have to miss each other, come over
We don't have to fix each other, come over
We don't have to say forever, come over
You don't have to stay forever, come over

- Come Over, Kenny Chesney

It was almost noon when Stefani woke up to find that in fact, not everything from last night had been a dream. Bradley's head had moved to her pillow and his lips were inches from her shoulder, bare from her tshirt falling off of it. She got up to pee and quickly got rid of her morning breath before walking back into the bedroom.

In her absence, Bradley had rolled over onto his back, his arm thrown above his head. Stefani tried to slide back between the covers without disturbing him, but his eyes fluttered open and his arm stretched out to his side, welcoming her back. Laying down, she positioned her head closer to his elbow than his shoulder, trying to keep an unintrusive distance, but he circled his arm around her shoulder, pulling her in. "I haven't slept that well in a long, long time," he admitted. "Can we just stay here a little longer?"

She agreed that they could, but soon, Bradley's growling stomach pushed them into the kitchen. Stefani was worried things would be awkward, but aside from a not-so-subtle Natali badgering her, everything felt natural and she was thankful Bradley didn't feel the need to bring up her secret sharing before filming.

After one more day of Coachella filming, they spent a few days in the desert. Bradley had created an atmosphere on set that allowed her to let go and fall into Ally completely. He had promised that he would do the same and from the second they climbed onto the bike, they weren't friends with messy feelings; they were two people head over heels in love, taking off on an adventure together. She loved flying down the highway on the back of Jackson's bike but most of all, she loved that she was finally going to get to kiss him again. The butterflies in her stomach were overwhelming as she stood outside the tire shop and let Freddie and Sarah apply quick touch ups.

Bradley came up behind her and gently touched the back of her arm but when she turned around, she was standing in front of Jackson. "You ready to get outta here?" She nodded and took his hand as they walked towards the bike and he could feel the nerves radiating off of her. "Don't be nervous, Al. Ignore the cameras. No mics. It's just me and you, ok?"

He sat back on his motorcycle for a stylist to touch up his wind blown hair while Stefani slipped the leather jacket back onto her shoulders. "All this work and we're about to put helmets on and mess it all up." She laughed and turned on her tiptoes to reach for hers as the stylist finished with Bradley.

He grabbed her wrist to tug her away from the gas pump her helmet was resting on. "C'mere first and let me look at you." He pulled her to stand between his legs and let his hands go to her hips as he smiled up at her. "Don't think I've ever been so glad to be sober. I wanna fuckin' remember this." He slowly moved over her curves, down the back of her thighs pulling until she was sitting on his lap with her legs hugging his waist. Stefani's arms rested on his biceps to steady herself as his wrapped around her waist. "I wanna remember every fuckin' thing about it."

He closed his eyes and he let himself feel it. The electricity of Jackson and Ally's undeniable chemistry and how their bodies melted together seamlessly once their lips met.  The faint taste of Mexican food from the restaurant next door. The smell of her shampoo mixed with his leather jacket and rubber tires. The almost inaudible moan that came from his lips completely unexpectedly when she pulled on the hair at the nape of his neck. And the feeling that something was missing the second she pulled away.