Clarification

"You're... You're Carrier was the one who fought Megatron? Not Soundwave?"

(Y/D) nodded, a proud smile on her faceplate.

         "All three swore secrecy to keep their honor, until Sire told me as a recharge-time story.  Carrier would always say that she was just trying to keep Soundwave from meeting an untimely end. He had been caught in a street fight two nights prior, so couldn't fight at his full ability."

Needless to say, Smokescreen was impressed. Not only was (Y/D) the daughter of an esteemed gladiator, but an unknown warrior as well. Echoblast was truly brave, to be able to trade places with her twin so easily, and come out of it alive.

         "And Megatron didn't make a fuss about being almost beat by a femme?"

This made the Decepticon heir laugh, knowing her current companion meant nothing by it, but it still sounded sexist.

         "His pride was hurt for awhile, he admitted, but in the end the love that grew for my Carrier trumped that."

     A lizard came and started to lick at the water, only to scurry away when Smokescreen shuffled, still in a daze of what he had just heard. (Y/D) continued to say that Echoblast never fought again, save for a few sparring matches with Megatron to teach their daughter how to fight, but she swore never to risk her brother's sanity again. Then their comm started buzzing, Smokescreen being commed by Ratchet, no surprise there, and (Y/D) by Optimus.

Neither answered.

Both simply sat, the femme staring into the water, the mech staring at the femme, his reflection just barely visible in the shine of her armor. The searing sun made (Y/D) almost glitter, though she needed no help to increase her beauty, wonder or even mystery. The green of her optics shimmered as they transitioned to look at Smokescreen, and her smile made his spark thrum a bit faster.

         "You're not a Decepticon," he stated with full confidence, his tone one of a reassuring friend, "but you're not an Autobot either."

         "I... don't follow." (Y/D) admitted to her confusion.

         "You're not sick minded, but you're not afraid to use whatever's available to win a fight, as long as their's a chance. You're more than willing to fight, but never for solely your own gain. Yes you look a lot like Megatron, but your actions speak nothing short of being more like Echoblast."

To this, (Y/D) looked back to her reflection, frowning, refusing to believe that she was more like her Carrier, that someone could see that. When you're compared to a monster for so long, you start to see it too, no matter what you tell yourself.

     Their comms buzzed again, but this time, (Y/D) answered her, welcoming the change in subject.

         "(Y/D) here... yes he's with me... no I-... Well don't blame me about it, you're the ones who seemed to have forgotten he can fly."

Smokescreen laughed in the background, quietly of course, as (Y/D)'s frown turned to one that can only be described as 'I'm so done'.

         "Yeah-yeah, we'll be back before sun-down, see you then Duck."

The femme sighed, throwing her helm back. Smokescreen managed to find a moment of peace, and they looked to each other, only for both to start laughing again, loud enough to send most wildlife scurrying away, while some hid in their respective borrows, leaving a singular snake without his lunch.

         "You plan on leaving?" Smokescreen finally asked after another minute of laughter. 

         "Naw, we still have over five hours until sun-down," she breathed, mirth running down into a contented happiness.

     And for almost five hours, the two talked, previous grievance forgotten, aside from the occasional inquiry of Echoblast, Smokescreen still as curious as ever. He wanted to know more about her legacy, and more about her adept, amazing daughter who never seemed to falter... both unaware of the singular hovering creature, an eye in the sky, keeping constant watch. On the other side of the transmission being a dearly missed mech, who would stop at nothing to have his niece back, the last he has of his twin sister.

(The picture above is a B-2 Spirit Bomber, your Alt mode! Thanks for reading!)