Chapter Seven: Old Family

For a few slow moments, Shigaraki stares at (Y/N), while the baby stares back blankly. They study his face, going through their memories until they finally realizes who he is.

They use their telepath quirk to speak to Midoryia, "We have to go, NOW! He's a very bad man."

Midoryia grinds his teeth, staring at the man, until (Y/N) sees Shigaraki place his hand around the green-haired boy's neck, being sure to keep at least one finger off of him.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HIM!" (Y/N) yells in his mind.

Shigaraki is thrown to the ground as (Y/N) uses the stretching quirk from earlier. He lets out a groan of pain as Midoryia's hand glides up to his neck, he sits in shock. But the villain's next words snap him out of his dazed state.

"My my, you've gotten stronger, haven't you..sibling?"

(Y/N) then uses their copy of Todoroki's quirk to light up their left side with fire and cover their right side in ice.

"I am not your sibling." (Y/N) responds.

Midoryia glances between the two. He knew that (Y/N) had some type of family member out there, especially since that was the whole reason that UA started taking care of them.

But why did it have to be him?

Shigaraki snickers, "Hey, don't be like that, (Y/N)~ I didn't come here for you, at least, not yet. I just wanted to know why the Hero Killer and I are so similar."

(Y/N) ignores the villain, "Leave now, or else I will fight you and hurt you until you can't ever hurt anyone again."

Knowing the true nature of his sibling, Shigaraki sighs, "Fine."

He suddenly whirls around on his heel and shoves his hands in his pockets after flipping his hood over his head. As soon as the man is out of sight, Midoryia turns to (Y/N).

"(Y/N), what was that?!" He asks.

The (E/C)-eyed kid sighs in his mind, using the quirk, "My brother, or at least...part of him? It's hard to explain and I don't really remember it right now anyways. Let's just go tell the police he was here."

Reluctantly, that's what Midoryia does. Except, when the mall is closed and the two are taken in for questioning, the police do not expect (Y/N) to answer their questions.

"So Midoryia," The officer begins, "Did Shigaraki hurt you in any way physically?"

"He grabbed Deku by the throat, but I protected him before anything bad could happen." (Y/N) thinks, shocking the officer.

"Was that..the baby?" He asks, Midoryia nods, chuckling.

"Yes, they manifested their quirk recently." He replies, "They can't properly speak, so they just talk to us with telepathy."

The officer chuckles, and the three spend a few moments together, with the officer asking (Y/N) and Midoriya questions about the meeting with Shigaraki. When the officer allows (Y/N) and Midoryia to leave, the green-haired boy takes the (E/C) eyed child back to UA high, and to their father.

When Midoryia says goodbye and leaves the faculty room, Aizawa goes into 100% dad mode, "Are you okay? I heard about Shigaraki and how you met him."

(Y/N) gurgles, and uses the telepathy quirk to respond, "I'm okay, but seeing him brought back painful memories.."

"Memories?" Aizawa repeats, "How?"

"It doesn't matter, I'm tired."

Reluctantly, the teacher picks up his child and places them in his bed, crawling in beside them and falling asleep.

The next day, when Aizawa and (Y/N) arrive at UA high together, Vlad King approaches the sleep-deprived teacher, "Do you think it'd be alright if I could borrow (Y/N) for today? My class wants to get to know them and I think it'd be a great training exercise."

The black-haired teacher holding the baby thinks for a moment, then nods, and passes the baby over, "Alright, but if they get hurt, I'm holding you personally responsible. You are welcome to put this responsibility on any of the students, as long as they know that I will hunt them down."

The fellow hero nods, taking the kid.

As Aizawa walks away, Vlad smiles down at the baby, "Hey there, (Y/N), you ready to meet some new faces?"

"Of course." The voice in the hero's head startles him for a second, but then he remembers the other teachers talking about how they speak now, and grins.

The two arrive in class 1-B, and the second that they enter together, 1-B gasps, "It's (Y/N)!"

Tetsutetsu, on the other hand, gives the baby the stink-eye. (Y/N) returns the gesture, but not without their contagious giggle.

"Today, Aizawa has decided to let you spend a few hours or so getting to know (Y/N). Then, we'll be training with them as well." Vlad says, "If anything is to happen to them during this, Aizawa is holding us responsible for them—all of us."

Monoma raises his hand, "But aren't they just a baby?"

(Y/N) rolls their eyes but doesn't say anything.

The hero chuckles, "(Y/N) may be a baby, but we're mostly going to use them to train how well you all can take care of an orphaned child after a disaster or attack. And Monoma, their quirk is quite like yours. They can copy anyone's quirk, or at least, we think. Except, they can use that power for a longer time."

The blonde holds back a growl, and stares at the (E/C)-eyed baby. Other than him and Tetsutetsu, class 1-B is excited.

"Now, let's begin!" Their homeroom teacher says, "Get your hero costumes on and head to the training hall."