Chapter 19

Lynn asked if I wanted to come over, so I just assumed mom didn't care, and I wheeled downstairs, ready to go. They put a wood ramp on all the stairs so I could get up and down. Dad is standing at the door. "Daddy.. Please move. I really need to get to Lynn's house before-" He grabs me. He pushes me onto the couch, pinning me down. I hear my phone go off, it's Lynn's ringtone, "Pulse". I look up at my dad, still pinning me down, while undressing himself, then me. My mom is asleep. I need her. Belle comes downstairs. Dad yells at her to go back upstairs before she gets a beating. She looks at me, I look at her, concerned. "Belle, baby. Go." I whisper, she runs upstairs, banging on moms door, not knowing what's going on. This sight is horrible.

I'm that one kid who loses her virginity at 13. "Daddy.. It's me. Zoey." He keeps going. My phone is blowing up. Lynn apparently contacted everyone trying to find me, but I can't answer them. I start to scream, I start to cry. "DAD." Belle screams. "Zoey!" I hit my dad, he doesn't stop. I hit him harder, he doesn't stop. I hit him harder, he falls off the couch, hitting his head onto the floor, realeasing me. My leg throbbing. I get up, and scooch myself to my wheelchair. I call Lynn, crying. I told her I'd be there soon, and I'd explain everything once I get there. But first, I scream for Belle, she runs down, in her Cinderella nightgown. I grab her, put her on my lap, and attempt to wheel myself with my unbroken arm.

I get to Lynn's house in less than 15 minutes, it only took me 5 extra minutes. She looks at my mascara-filled face. She hugged Belle, who was still confused of why we were at Lee-Lee's house. She can't pronounce Lynn for some reason. So she calls her Lee-Lee.

After I explained the whole rape situation to Lynn, we ate dinner, Belle had princess shaped macaroni and cheese, while we had spaghetti. It was good.

I stayed the night with Belle at Lynn's house, I don't feel like our house is safe enough for us to stay there. Mom is texting me. I tell her I don't feel safe there, or comfortable with Belle there, considering I don't know what he'll do to her.

I went to school, bringing Belle along. She sat on my lap, making sure not to hurt my leg. She asked why she was going to my school instead of hers, I told her something is wrong at home and we can't stay there. She saw Troy and told him to say hi to his brother for her. He looks at me confused. "I'll tell you later, baby." I say. Jerking my head at Belle, signaling I don't want her to know.