Glanceѕ (parт 2)

~ "Strangers don't know you, so show them something they won't ever forget about you." ~

"So, who was that guy, anyway?" I was deep in thought about the whole fiasco a few minutes ago when Niña' question brought me out of my train of thought. She raised an eyebrow at me as we walked out on the field to start practice. We were late for cheer practice which was something that rarely ever happened since I hated being tardy. I forgot to mention that I was the team captain.

Not the usual thing we mostly do, but, thanks to that cotton-headed idiot Brandon that bumped into me and spilling the food, we were delayed for practice. I was pissed and I could hold a grudge on people for some time. It took a lot for me to get mad at someone. He just pushed my buttons.

"Just some creep that ruined our food." My voice laced with venom. The girls didn't want to get on my bad side and stopped asking any more questions. But, Kaye was relentless and smirked deviously. "He seems to have the hots for you though, Dee."

She used my usual nickname. The girls always called me 'Dee' since day 1 and it just stuck with me. When someone calls me by my real name, it was fine with me. People that don't know me just overhear and start calling me 'Dee' so I kept the nickname.

I only walked away, more like stomped away in anger and further upwards the side of the field while the girls trailed behind. My converse dug deep into the grass of the playing field.

"Shut up, Kaye. How can you be thinking about that when I can tell you're starving? Plus, you have no food."

Catherine joined me and pulled a rigorously strict face, scowling at Kaye as she temperately slapped her arm.

"Stop pushing her buttons, Kaye! If you wanna stay alive in this world, you don't piss Diana off!"

Kaye groaned and furrowed her eyebrows, muttering a 'Sorry, Dee' as I walked further away from my friends. The football team was already out, playing a few practice games. All day they would butt heads and run around in circles like a herd of bulls, drinking Gatorade and in the meantime, drooling over at my team. The rest of the cheerleaders were scattered everywhere, gossiping like there was no tomorrow since we weren't present yet. Practice would not be able to start without yours truly in the house.

Their heads immediately snapped to the direction of five girls walking on the field in emerald and pearl colored uniforms. They all rounded together when they saw the pissed off state I was in.

"Alright girls! We're going to do some stretching before we begin. Let's see you girls work those muscles!" I clapped twice, my voice high pitched and firm almost cold as ice.

In a snap second, the other cheerleaders huddled together to begin their warm-ups. They began with the knee warmers, kicking their knees up to just enough to reach their chests. I was still in a stressed mood while glaring at the other girls in front of me. First, I was extremely hungry and had no food to eat. Second, I was angry because that guy Brandon from earlier caused us to not have anything to eat. My wallet was starting to run dry for buying them lunch most of the time.

"You look hot when you're angry!"

The voice was registered in my brain and it made me fall to my knees. My legs instantly turned to jelly and all the stress flew out of my body with the snap of finger. I turned around and stared at the girl that stopped me entirely from doing warm-ups. It turned out my bad day wasn't so bad after all when I laid eyes on the beautiful figure that was in front of me, smiling so heavenly.

"Chellie!" I squealed in pure delight as I ran to Rochell. I excused myself from practice and ran to embrace my girlfriend. Just seeing my source of happiness in front of me made me a million times happier.