Chapter One

Note

So, I have watched half of the first episode of season one about two years ago before neglecting the show, and saw this Tumblr post talking about spoilers in season 8 about a week ago, and I might have been triggered to write this. I'll get around to watching it properly soon!

I'm sorry for posting a third WIP, but I promise it will be the last as I hate to have unfinished stories >u<

💒

Lost through time and that's all I need
So much love, then one day buried
Hope you're safe, 'cause I lay you leaves
Is there more than we can see? Answers for me

💒

The halls are still polished with gold, but the smell of death is stronger than what the eye can see. The shadows that bloom below covers the once were beautiful gardens, and the silence allows the echoes of his quiet footsteps to be heard in every corner inside the castle, a place he called home. A messenger has just arrived with a heavy letter and much heavier words it carries, delivering the news that the king had been assassinated and the body has been torn to shreds that if his family wanted to gather would be an impossible task. The servants he passes by are not affected much by the news, if the rumors had spread that is, and with a glance outside the opened windows, the people inside the walls don't seem to have heard either. It doesn't push the pain in his chest away, even if he doesn't care about the king himself, and even less about the now falling kingdom, but his feet keep dragging him until he finds his old friend next to the bathing area, the water still running, and unsurprisingly, his friend is rather naked, the smell of sex is too obvious to be ignored, and he sigh heavily as he approaches him.

"You couldn't have chosen a better time, Tae?"

"Why?" Taehyung answers bluntly. "It's not everyday you get a nice offer," he shrugs, sitting up straight and collecting his discard clothes from the floor. He's not sure how Taehyung manages to cover the stickiness on his body with a mere fabric, but his naked form or actions are neither strange to him as he simply stares at him, but his eyes narrow when the shine from his ears distract him, and he gasps, walking faster until he's crouched in front of him.

"Did you steal these?!" He points at the earrings, and Taehyung rolls his eyes.

"Have you not been aware of the messenger who arrived lately?" Taehyung counters. "This kingdom has already fallen with the death of the king. It's sooner rather than later that we'll all be living in ashes."

"Hands them now," he demands.

"Or what? You'll tell on me?" He challenges, and receives a shocking face in return. He wouldn't. Taehyung was his only friend ever since they were little kids, sharing the pain and the suffering that fate had chosen for them until the prince's kind offer to take care of them arrived. Taehyung knows that all too well.

"I'll leave them in the prince's room," he tries again. "He'll think he forgot them somewhere."

Taehyung snorts. "Right. Because he owns so many of these that he'll even recognize he lost a pair."

"Taehyung," he frowns.

"He doesn't even wear them anymore," Taehyung scoffs, now standing up with his clothes covering his body, although the state of his hair and his smell could tell anyone what he was up to inside the baths. "Might be assassinated as well since he's next in line-" he stops, noticing the angry eyes directed at him, now both standing on their feet, but Taehyung's gaze doesn't waver. "I'll be advising you to stop fighting the losing battle, Kook," he says in a quiet tone before he's walking past him, leaving Jungkook alone inside the room.