Chapter Three

No matter how many deaths that I die I will never forget
No matter how many lives I live I will never regret
There is a fire inside of this heart
and a riot about to explode into flames

💒

The few words he had heard about whisperers surely do not match him, and Namjoon's words are too far to grasp. "You're greatly mistaken," he replies.

"Jimin-"

"Have Seokjin ever told you about me?" He interrupts him. "I find it hard to understand that not once had he mentioned his younger brother's name." Namjoon blinks at him in confusion, but it's something Seokjin must have done. Even if he would to make them allies, the mere saying of his name brings him discomfort. Deep black memories that have grown into hatred. Ones that Jimin is dying to know, trying to see the point where their bond had broken so severely. "If I am truly a whisperer, I would still be wearing the crown on Taehyung's head, and this kingdom would have been mine still," he continues, and right before he turns to leave, he chooses to add quietly, "and you would have not been present at this moment."

💒

Finding Yoongi is an easy task, but returning to the same place again isn't pleasant at all. The said person raises a brow at him when he sits down across the table, but really, Jimin should be the one questioning his daylight drinking habits even if he has never seen Yoongi drunk before.

"You're becoming better at being a ghost everyday, I'm impressed." Jimin frowns at him. "Are you sure it was wise of you to return here?" Jimin sighs, shoulders slumping and gaze shifting downwards, but he has no one else to talk to outside the royal circle but Yoongi, and he's glad when the latter orders a drink for him without further questions.

"What do you know about whisperers?" He decides to get to the point, and Yoongi stares at him for a long time before he's leaning back in his chair with an amused smile.

"Please tell me you didn't wake up thinking you're one."

"Just ..."

"The sole reason Coco is following you around is because Wonho treasured you and allowed no harm from anyone to reach you, and it's merely trying to fulfill the task it couldn't do to its master."

"I do not think I'm a whisperer," he replies to Yoongi's question. "But apparently Namjoon thinks I'm one."

"And you obviously believe him?" Yoongi huffs a laugh, and it irritates him. "Jimin," he leans forward and puts his drinks down. "He's clearly chatting you up, and you shouldn't fall for everything people say."

"For what reason? I offer no land or higher position he can acquire."

"You're hard to resist," Yoongi simply shrugs, and Jimin scowls at him as he leans back in his chair.

"Is that what you all think I am?! A pleasure toy?!" He doesn't wait for Yoongi's reply, storming angrily his way out.

💒

The night breeze welcomes his lost thoughts, and he only notices Jungkook's presence in the room when the bed dips beside him and there's an arm circling his waist. It releases the tension in his body, and he relaxes more feeling the soft press of Jungkook's lips against his neck.

"Are you still upset about Seokjin?" He asks in a murmur, and Jimin knows his means are not to make him drown deeper in his sorrows, but he cannot reply with a yes or no. Seokjin's appearance is too heavy for his heart, especially with his current attitude towards him, but there is an added weight that he cannot speak of. Sure, he can tell him about how Namjoon thinks he's a whisperer, and despite knowing the fact that Jungkook wouldn't make fun of him, he's already had a taste of how his jealousy looks like, and he wouldn't be adding more fuel to the fire, so he stays silent, giving Jungkook the freedom of guessing his worries and confirming them himself. "He wouldn't touch a hair of your head," his tone has changed slightly if Jimin focuses on it. "I promise."