Chapter 9: To Protect

Jihyo's POV

So many things have happened this week. Ever since Jeongyeon and I met again, it seemed like the world (A/N: more like me kekeke) is against us. It seem to prevent us from even becoming friends.

*Knock knock*

'Hey' my eyes widens as the door revealed Jackson.

'W-what are you doin' here?'

'You don't wanna see me?' His face was covered in seriousness. 'Is it because of Jeongyeon?'

'It's not that' I responded. 'It's just that you never come to this kind of things since you're always busy' I looked down.

'I heard what happened last night'

'Y-yeah...'

'Say, Jihyo...' he sat on Tzuyu's bed as he lean towards the bed I was on.

'The rumour that's been haunting you since the day she left, the kids are also going through some shitty things at school, especially Tzuyu and Chaeng'

'Eh?' I looked at him in worry.

The maknaes ae going also affected by that?

'They never told you, didn't they?'

My heart felt weak at the moment. They never told me such thing. I thought they're doing great since they always respond to me with such bright.... smiles..?

'They actually told me not to tell you... but I think you should know' he said with such gentle tone.

I looked down to reciprocate what he just told me.

No... not them too. It can't be... it shouldn't be... I'll take everything.. I'll protect them with my everything,  just... I don't want them to go through the same treatment as me... they don't deserve that...

'By the way, I saw Jeongyeon on my way here' he said tjat made me look at him. They didn't fight, did they?

'Relax. We were cool.' Phew! That's good. My heart stopped for a moment there. 'She actually told me to tell everyone that she's leaving since there has been emergency at work. Talk about being the president of the biggest company in Asia, huh' He scoffed that made me even more feel at ease that they're okay with each other.

'Y-yeah, that's okay' Even though she promised me we'll walk around more later...

'Well, I gotta go. My dad's waiting outside' He leaned in to kiss me in the forehead and headed outside,

When he opened the door, I saw so many men in suits. I saw mr Jeon and.... Mr. Yoo...?

Why is he here?

Jackson took a last glance at me and smiled before closing the door, leaving me alone in the room.

———-
Third Person's POV

It's been two days since they got home from that vacation. Everyone went back to their stuff and there's no news from Jeongyeon. Well, that's actually expected from Jihyo's perspective if we're talking about the president of the Yoo Empire.

'Unnie. Tzu and I are just gonna go to the mall'

'We'll be back before dinner'

the cub and Yoda hurriedly put on their shoes as if they were on a race.

'Omo!'

The two exclaimed when they saw their sisters who they thought was in the kitchen, is right in fron tod them, seemingly blocking the door.