𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Broken.

Shattered.

Destroyed.

It's absurd to believe how quickly a child's innocence can be taken away at the snap of the fingers.

Money, power and selfishness is what caused her to be born.

*****

[Norway, 19 years before the New York attack]

"Do we have a deal?" The man approached the woman, who clutched a baby tightly in her arms.

She hesitated. "And this will really pay off our debts?" He nodded.

She took an intake of breath before handing over the sleeping child. "Deal."

He took the baby into his arms and gave the woman a piercing glare. "No witnesses."

Her face sunk in realisation as he pulled open the steel weapon and pulled the trigger.

Her body fell coldly to the floor, her limp hair sprawled across the alleyway floor unflatteringly.

This awoke the small infant to which she responded to with a child's natural response which was to cry.

The man grumbled curses to himself before he injected the drug, ultimately halting her cries.

He took off running down the alley, before travelling to his base.

It was underground in a remote, desolated location.

Once he had opened up the doors and placed his hand on his security lock, he entered his homemade lab and immediately began his life long experiment.

To perfect Hydra's super soldier serum.

The man wasn't apart of Hydra itself but more inspired, hoping to overtake it. He truly believed he was up and above. But boy was he wrong.

He placed a mask on his face, before he took the serum out of its glass case. It took years to perfect but now it was finally ready.

The man approached the baby, who was currently sat on the table before he quickly took its chance of vulnerability and stuck the needle into her arm, splurging the liquid into her bloodstream.

The chemicals began to react quickly with her body, the foreign substances was quickly being discovered by her immune system. It tried to fight it off but alas, it took over.

He grinned.

The infant's wails echoed into the lab as her small frame began to change with excruciating pain.

Once the wails stopped and the pain halted, the man approached the child cautiously.

He furrowed his eyebrows. The child looked the same, nothing different whatsoever.

He let a shout of frustration before he slammed his lab desk with his fist.

The infant looked over at him with sad watery eyes before her from began to change shape.

She began to become taller and her shoulders broader. Her features changed to be stern and piercing.

She was him.

The man turned around slowly, still seething with frustration before he stopped in his tracks.

He was face to face with himself.

The young infant gazed down at herself in surprise, startled by her sudden appearance change before she looked back up at her captor.

She was only one years old but it didn't take long for her to put her senses together.

"Bad man." She screeched as she came charging towards him angrily.

The man grunted as he held her back. However, she was slowed down due to her mental capabilities meaning she was also struggling with her motor skills too.

She fell to the ground with a bump. The experimentor looked down at her mockingly as she formed back into her normal self.

"Freak. That's what you are, you don't belong in this world."

This made her angry again, her form began to change and mold in a painful way like hot water was poured all over her skin.

This ability was new to her but it didn't take the little girl long to control it.

With her lack of knowledge of what to change into, she decided to base it off her learning.

The man stumbled back with wide eyes.

The. Infant. Was. A. Freaking. Tiger.

She roared frustratedly as she batted her paws at him viscously, letting the sharp claws sink into his flesh, tearing it apart in a blinded rage.

Her anger came to a halt as her form wore off. She was left alone in the man's pool of blood.

The infant looked over at his unrecognisable face and shrieked in fear.

The world was a very bad place and she would grow up hating it for what it did to her.

Now, that little girl seeks vengeance. Vengeance for her innocence that will never come back again...

*****