𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Elise stayed up until two in the morning, planning out how she would pull it off.

She sounded crazy. There's no way she could meddle with the Avengers and get away with it.

But her grief was too strong to sway her mind, she needed justice. She needed vengeance for her foster mother's death.

She scrawled out a plan, highlighting her requirements and how she will enter and exit the building without being caught.

Elise thought that if she wanted access to the Avenger's rooms, she would have to pose as one.

And what Avenger will most likely give her the most permission?

None other than Tony Stark. She wrote down his name in bold and circled it.

Her shapeshifting did limit her quite a bit. She could only change three times a day due to the pain it caused her to do so each time.

As she finished up her final notes, she got up from the desk chair and moved swiftly towards her wardrobe.

Upon opening it, she lifted the panel at the bottom of it and gazed down at her supplies.

This was where she kept her weapons and treasures from past heists and missions.

She eyed the small sticky bomb. Elise had managed to steal it when she infiltrated a small base owned by a small mafia group.When strolling into places such as that, she never really had a goal, only to take what looked interesting and take it back to her place for further examination.

Of course Marlene knew nothing of this, she hid her prizes behind a brick in the alley next to the coffee shop. She couldn't risk having her cover blown.

Elise picked up the bomb cautiously and turned it around in her hands, as if she was admiring its dangerous beauty.

She then carefully placed it back in its original position and placed the plank back down before walking over towards her notebook once more.

With the flick of her pencil, she made a quick diagram of the avengers tower and where the bomb would be placed so that it would do the most critical damage.

She had the plan. She had the supplies, but now all she needed was to familiarise herself with the area, a little test run to ensure this plan would go right, because if it didn't Elise would face jail time and public exposure of her abilities.

"Might as well get some sleep, I'll scope the place tomorrow." Elise muttered to herself in thought as she switched off her bedroom light and threw herself onto her bed exhaustedly.

There she finally closed her eyes, letting the darkness consume her before her brain eventually succumbed to an unconscious state.

*****

The sun's harsh rays shone through the bedroom blinds and lingered over Elise's eyes. They fluttered open as she sat up in her bed groggily. As she stretched, her gaze immediately looked over towards her notebook, determined to fulfil her plans.

She got up and went to the small bathroom across from her room and took a towel and some clothes with her. Her clothing slipped off and she stepped inside the shower, allowing the water to run down her back, cleansing her pores.

After a couple of minutes, she stepped out and wrapped a towel around her tightly before she made her way over to the sink. She peered up at the mirror and looked over at herself. A pale woman with dark hair and sunken eyes gazed back at her stoically. She sighed.

She removed the towel from her body and swished her mid-length her forwards so that she could grab it with the towel and twist it into a neat turban sat on her head. Afterwards, she had put on her garments and slipped on a black dress with lace near the collar, it was fairly easy to move around freely and would give her an advantage.

When Elise changed forms, her clothing rips, however the dress she wore is made out of a very specific nano-particle mixed with silk. Thus upon changing, the dresses fabric ultimately shrinks and comes back as if it was new when changing back. She crafted it when sneaking into a high-tech lab which seemed to focus on mutants. Needless to say she was probably the first to obtain the material.

As she brushed her teeth and attempted to tease her hair, she then nodded in satisfaction. Today was the day of the test run, where she would find any possible escape routes and to pin point where any cameras may be along with emergency vents.

Elise swiftly made her way back into her bedroom, humming to herself in the process. She slung a small black bag onto her back which contained her purse, phone and roughly drawn blueprints of the tower before she made her way out of the apartment door.

She paused. "Keys. Nearly forgot the keys." She mumbled to herself as she entered the apartment once more before snagging the keys hung up in the hallway.

Now she was prepared.

The weather wasn't the best. The wind howled and whistled down her ear and the clouds covered the sun, preventing any emerging sunlight. It was a pretty miserable day to admit.

Her heels clicked against the pavement as she swiftly walked in the direction of the tower, her eyes locking in its direction determinedly. She pulled her bag tighter against her back as she picked up her pace.

While in a sudden train of thoughts, she carelessly bumped into people's shoulders as she passed while she also attempted to avoid the huge clumps of people loitered around the sidewalk. Many gave her irritated glances while others didn't really notice. It was a big, busy town after all.

The tower was beginning to come closer and closer until she was practically stood at the foot of it. She peered through the glass pane doors and analysed what was inside.

Many workers were rushing about the place, eager to finish their work so that the time would fly quicker allowing them to leave in the afternoon.

Elise peered down at her watch.

11:34am.

It was time. Her eyes glanced over at the narrow, secluded alleyway next to the tower as her feet followed its commands. Once she was at least in the middle of it to avoid risking being seen by the public, she placed her backpack behind the dumpsters along with her jacket, leaving her only wearing her dress.

Once she was sure she was safe, she closed her eyes and focused on her breathing. She then let her feelings take over her body as she pictured her victim which drastically resulted in her painful transformation.

She held back, wincing at the burning sensation all over her skin. It stretched and morphed into a different form, a human form. Human forms were definitely the least painful to change into while animals were more complex to become and required a mass amount of energy and pain tolerance to stand it.

Her eyes opened up once more. As she glanced down into the reflection of the glass shard on the alleyway floor, she saw the murderer of her Marlene. She grimaced. She was wearing what she pictured him wearing; a black suit and tie with sunshades.

She removed her gaze away from the unfamiliar chocolate brown ones and began to exit the alley, focusing on her one goal only.

To find out the exits and to discover the towers critical points alongside with figuring out the security cameras weaknesses.

******