Chapter one

Doekit woke up to a pale moonlight shining on her mom, speckledream, and her. Her dad, Otterstar was eating a mouse. "Your father is not the only cat that is active at night." Speckledream said as she looked toward Falconear, his pelt shining in the moonlight. Falconear turned around noticing Doekit and Speckledream. They all lived in Iceclan. There were two clans in total. Iceclan and Lakeclan. Lakeclan allowed Iceclan to get water from their territory. Falconear walked up to Speckledream and Doekit. "I see she's opened her eyes." He whispered. "Oh yes, aren't they beautiful."Speckledream replied. She stared at Doekit's light brown eyes. Doekit looked at Falconear, confused. "That's the clan medicine cat." Speckledream said to Doekit. Doekit nodded. A brown tabby she cat came out of the den. She rushed over to Doekit. "Hi." She said quietly. "I'm Hopepaw." "Hi...I'm Doekit." Doekit said nervously. Hopepaw bounced up and down excited to see a kit in the nursery. Falconear stood beside her. "Moonkit, Lionkit, and Echokit are over there. If you wanna play with them." He said. Hopepaw bounced over to the three tiny kits. "She sure is a handful." Falconear sighed.

......................................................................