0.0

Dani 1985

Dani !" I turn around to see slash running towards me. He picks me up and spins me around "I did it ! I'm going to be in a band !" He picks me up again and I hug him tightly.

"I'm so happy for you your leaving after school is done right ?" His smile disappears slowly "uh actually no, no I'm not I'm leaving tomorrow I'm going to fly out to Los Angeles."

"W-what ? Actually I'm just going to drop it I'm happy for you !" I say giving him a small smile. "Yeah I know well hey I'll see you after school I gotta go," he gives me a kiss on the cheek and is gone in a blink of an eye.

——
I sit down in front of the school where I always wait for Slash. I see him walk out of school with his group of friends telling them bye he walks over to me and picks me up spinning me around again. "Help me pack ?" I nod my head "yeah sure."

When we reach his house we walk into the kitchen "hey mama I brought Dani over to help me pack," Ola turns around quickly dropping whatever she has in her hands and rushes over to me to give me a hug.

"Hi ma," I say hugging her back tightly as she did to me. "Oh I've missed you I don't know why Slash didn't bring you around more often now he's leaving us," I smile weakly at her "yeah he is leaving us," I feel my eyes start to water so I put my head down quickly.

Mama Ola picks my head up drying my tears away "don't cry baby this is only going to make y'all stronger," I look at her confused. "What do you mean ?"

"Dani !" I smile at Ola and run up the stairs towards Slash's room "hey there you are what were you and my mom talking about ?"

"Oh nothing just school," I say grabbing his stuff that he shoved into his suitcase and fold it for he has more room.

After about an hour or so we finally finish. "Wanna stay the night ?"

"Yeah sure I'm pretty sure my grandma knows where I'm at anyways," he smiles at me "go call her just incase," I groan and get up from his bed running downstairs to the phone on the wall dialing my grandmas phone.

"Hey grandma, it's me Daniella I'm gonna stay at Slash's tonight."
"Okay amor call me if anything love you."
"Love you too abuela bye."

I run back upstairs and jump on Slash to which he turns me over onto my back "she's cool with it ?"

"Of course she loves you !"

"True and my mom loves you," I throw my hair over my shoulder "what can I say," he laughs and falls onto my chest.

I play with his hair hearing soft little snores come from him so I close my eyes and fall asleep quickly.

——
Today is the day and it's breaking my heart more and more "ima miss you babygirl," I hug him tears forming in my eyes "don't forget me Slash."

"I could never !"
"Promise ?" I hold out my pinky towards him.
"Promise," he wraps his large pinky with mine and pulls me into another hug kissing me on the head.

"Flight 22 to Los Angeles"

"Well that's me," he pauses for a second "I really am gonna miss you, you know what fuck it," before I could ask him what he's doing his lips are on mine.

"Bye Dani," with one last hug he's gone.

That was the last time I ever saw him.

——
1989
Los Angeles