Gifts

He had wrapped his gift in the bright yellow paper which reminded him of the beautiful eyes who haunted his dreams. He had stuck under the silky red ribbon a note in golden ink ~Happy three year anniversary. -Geordi~. He stepped back to look at his work.
He hated Data for his gifts were always so neatly wrapped. Not a wrinkle, not a dent, tape perfectly aligned to the bottom of the box, and, to top it all off, a perfectly placed cockade to make the gift look so awfully good. He always put a lot of effort in his wrapping techniques but he always miscalculated and ended up either with a lot more or a lot less wrapping paper. This time, however, he had successfully managed to make it look as good as Data's and he was still on time for their date.
He lit a nice scented candle and put it on the table next to the gift so he could take the tasty meat out of the replicator. The air smelled really good, a mixture of rose petals from the candle and juicy meat from the delicious chicken. The door chimed and he roughly put the serving platter down on the table knocking the candle over. He threw the potholders on the couch and he leaned against the doorframe. He ordered the computer to open the door and he pulled a smug smile at his beautiful boyfriend. "Hello Geordi, happy an-" the android elegantly stopped, tilting his head on one side "Geordi. Is that fire?" He calmly asked looking over Geordi's shoulders. "Fire? What fir-" Geordi's smile faded away as he turned around. "NO! COMPUTER, ISOLATE FIRE" He yelled. The computer put the fire out in a few seconds and yellow paper flakes flew beautifully around the room, dancing like delicate snowflakes after a storm. Geordi took Data's gift in his hands and sighed in frustration. The fire hadn't damaged the box, but the wrapping paper was completely destroyed. Geordi felt like crying. Data bent his head down to plant a kiss on the engineer's lips as he sensed his sadness. Data rarely initiated physical contact but when he did it was usually very tender and soft. Geordi sadly smiled looking down at the wood box he had replicated for him. "I'm sorry Data, it ruined the wrapping paper" he said mortified.
"Is this not the point of wrapping paper? To rip it to see the gift?" The android asked. "Well I guess... Happy anniversary Data" the engineer chuckled handing Data his gift. The tall man carefully examined the box blowing the remaining decorative wrap off. The box was engraved with beautiful designs and their names carved out from its center. Data opened the lock and lifted the top off. A smoking pipe placed on a silky cushion layed in the box. Data took the pipe in his hands careful not to leave fingerprints on the shiny surface. "Thank you Geordi, this is beautiful. I will use this pipe for our next adventures in the holodeck". Geordi smiled and kissed the pale cheek of the tall android. "Ah. I have a gift for you too, Geordi" said he setting his gift on the table to grab a small flat peace wrapped in green paper with the tiniest cockade on it. The wrapping paper was not perfect as usual though and Geordi wondered whether his boyfriend did that on purpose so he would not feel bas for his wrapping techniques or if the piece was too small for the android's hands. Geordi took the wrapping off and a small chip fell from it. The engineer studied the gift wondering what that could be. "It is a photo chip, I have made a small presentation of our photos together. You can install that on your VISOR and the presentation will start as soon as you touch the blue button." Data explained. "Data! That's so cute, I want to see it now, will you install that on my VISOR, please?" Asked the engineer innocently. Without taking his VISOR off the tall man opened a small door and inserted the chip in. Geordi was smiling at him the whole time, he was looking forward to see the presentation Data had made for him, he was thrilled. The android closed the little door with an amused look on his face and pressed the blue button for Geordi. Their photos were in chronological order and little captions reminded the engineer of the moments they were taken. The presentation was about to finish when red alert went off. Geordi was forced to stop the presentation. ~Are you sure you want to end the presentation? Only 2 photos remaining~ a text read. Geordi pushed the button again and the photos disappeared. "Do you wish for me to remove the chip, Geordi?" He asked. The small one shook his head and got up on his tiptoes and kissed the android's mouth. "I love you, Data" the engineer announced happily. Data opened his mouth to say something but he closed it back again. Geordi's smile grew even more. He didn't need Data to say those words, he showed him his own way and that was more than enough for him. The Enterprise quaked, something hit their shields. Geordi left another kiss on his mouth before they left his quarters and went in separate directions.

A/N)) Hi, thanks for reading my story. I hope you like it. English is not my first language, please let me know if you find a mistake. I have three/four more chapters ready.
I took the book cover from Pinterest, I don't know the photographer's name.