Scar

Hello! I'm adding by request the glossary at the start of the chapter.

***********************************************************************************************

Crappy glossary:

Haori: A traditional Japanese hip- or thigh-length -style jacket.

Kanzashi: Hair ornament. The one Chouchou left is the Tama type(A long stick with a ball)

Tanto: A type of short blade. I was debating myself if she should use a wakizashi because that's said to be worn on the sash like Chouchou is using, but I read it's a samurai thing, and Chou is a ninja here so... Feel free to correct me, I'm literally googling everything lol.

Kunoichi: Female Ninja.

Ryokan: Japanese traditional inn, usually with tatami-matted rooms, communal baths, and gardens.

Futon: A Japanese traditional style of bedding which consist of a mattress and a duvet.

Suika: Watermelon in Japanese.

***************************************************************************************

Her mouth. Dry.
She couldn't believe what had just happened. With a brusque motion, she brought her damp cold hands to her face. The pride of her mother and her own... It had been tainted by a woman who never loved her. By that woman's sword. Her soft voice came out somewhat deep when she said.

"I see... So that's how things are between us."

"It was presumptuous of you to think it would be otherwise after what you have done, child."

A scoff was heard in the almost empty dark room. The old woman she had at her front was named Koharu Utatane, the village's elder. After her mother left her, the old woman... Mother Koharu raised her as her own daughter. It was true she had hoped she would forgive her because of that bond, but the long drops of blood that fell from the deep cut on her face said otherwise. This was the day they became no more than strangers.

"Chouchou."

She never raised her face to meet Koharu.

"You no longer belong here."

Chouchou immediately stood and proceed to leave the room. Another much shorter woman ran to her aid but Chouchou pushed her out of the way. She deserved all that had happened today according to the village's rules, but she refused to accept it as something "right" She was hurt beyond the scar which branded her as a traitor. And how couldn't she? An act of kindness brought all this misfortune to her.
When Chouchou finally walked through the heavy wooden gates of the village, her eyes were blurry, forming tears that seemed to burn her eyes. She swallowed and proceed further into her new uncertain future.

______________________Two weeks later

It was very early when she stood in front of the house's entrance. With extreme care, she closed the door so her departure was unnoticed by the doctor who took her under a roof. On the umbral of the door, Chouchou left a bag that contained an agate kanzashi, a precious treasure she inherited from Koharu... That was her way to repaying the doctor for the weeks she stayed for her wound to heal.