Dangerous waters

Another chapter!

Warning! Mention of nudity in this chapter.

*********************************************************************************************

"Hmm..."

The silence inside the closet gave Chouchou a soothing feeling when she finally woke up from her deathly fever. For a while, she remained still, trying to recollect the events before she lost consciousness. Slowly she lifted her right arm to see the darkened bruise where the darned viper bite.

"... How ugly."

Another scar to the collection, but she was alive nevertheless. She caressed the bruise wondering how many days it would take to heal.

"..."

If it wasn't for the princess who sucked the poison out of her with such strength, then probably she would have been gone for good. Chouchou started to ponder her life choices. More and more this job was drifting into dangerous waters. She finally sat, feeling her back humid and somewhat sticky from all that she had been sweating.

"Ugh... I want a bath so bad."

When she stood, she felt her legs weak, almost giving on her.
Coming out of the closet room felt like a challenge for her, yet the more she moved, the more her body got used to it. It didn't take long for Chouchou to walk into the hallway with a reincorporated confidence.

"...Where the heck is everyone?!"

Not a single soul on the main hallway. Perhaps it was dinner time? She looked through the stormy evening sky. Darkened clouds covered the blue and orange celestial mantle. She shrugged and continued, finally reaching the wide entrance of the bathhouse. A girl of the princess' entourage sat in a little stool admiring a long paper scroll. Only god knows what was written there. The girl's face became red when she crossed views with Chouchou and claimed

"H-hey! Wait!"

The kunoichi didn't stop.

"Wait what? Can't you see I'm in a hurry?"

"Tsukihime-sama is cleaning herself, no one is allowed inside."

Chouchou rolled her eyes so hard that she hurt her eyeballs a little. It could have been the fatigue, or how disgusting she felt being all sweaty and sticky... She was not in the right mood for taking orders.

"Move."

She didn't wait for the girl to move, she pushed her out of the way and went forward inside the bathroom. The girl fell on her knees, her face became as blue as the fabric of her kimono.

__________________That evening, inside the bathroom

A heavy curtain of warm steam and a faint flowery fragrance which was dizziness inducing... Those couple of things were what received Chouchou immediately when she crossed the big panel like door of the bath house's entrance. The first time she visited it, the water wasn't tempered nor there was this luxurious fragrance present. "Princess' privileges," with a frown she thought. She could hear the maid from before saying some muffled gibberish which she didn't pay the tiniest of attention because at the moment her hygiene was above anything else.
Her hands started to work on removing the knots and folds of the pure white kimono she was wearing. It was then when she noticed someone was staring at her.

When Chouchou faced Tsukihime, who was in the process of removing her several layers of clothes as well, the princess' eyes were wider than ever and her now naked lips formed a long, thin line.