[ 11 | Legend ]

═════════ ❃ ═════════

❝ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʟɪғᴇ ᴏʀ ᴀ ʙᴀᴅ ʟɪғᴇ. ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴀ ʟɪғᴇ. ɪᴛ’s ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏ ᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴏʀ ʙᴀᴅ. ❞

═════════ ❃ ═════════

The red-haired Yvette is now standing across the black-haired Paz. It's about time.

“The Boss sent a weak-looking one to defeat me? How unpleasant! I bet you won't even last a minute,” Yvette said while smiling devilishly.

“Therefore, I bet you won't even last fifty-nine seconds, too,” Paz retorted.

“Ability: Waking the Dead!” Then a hundred of her circled Paz. “Let's see, then.”

At once, half of them charged towards Paz with knives at their hands. Paz immediately pulled something from her back revealing the Japanese swords she's been hiding underneath her long flowy skirt. She smirked and swiftly moved around. In just a minute, she was able to kill all of the clones.

“How did you?! Ability: Waki–aah!” a beast stabbed her from behind.

“I would like to kill you right now but I still have a little show to offer for you,” said Paz. She snapped her fingers then Chuuya entered the room while holding Haruhi on his hands. “Learn to say goodbye from your original copy, Yvette Tan.”

“You... How did you know?” Yvette asked, with a gritted teeth.

“Port Mafia! You have to freeze right there! An intel told us you're here to—Ai-chan?” Someone bursted from the door. She turned to see the Armed Detective Agency who looked so surprised, except Dazai.

“Ability: Waking the Dead!” then Yvette's clones appeared out of nowhere. They are far more than the clones earlier.

“Ability: Waking the Dead!” the clones shouted altogether and their numbers get doubled, and doubled, and doubled.

“Shit. This is not good. Akutagawa, Chuuya! Just do what I've told you earlier. I will be able to handle this.”

“Tch.”

“Oi, you're ruining my reputation!” shouted Chuuya.

“Shut up or I'll slice you into two!”

****

“Just what is she, Dazai?” from above, the Armed Detective Agency was just watching Paz as she sliced every clone. She managed to take down half of them but the other half just keep on cloning their selves.

“Human who possesses a strength beyond any of us,” said Dazai. “I actually wanted to ask her if she can commit a double suicide with me but seems like she's taken already. What do you think, Atsushi?”

“Dazai, I want to help her. She's bleeding! Some bullets hit her and those sharp blades have cut her, too,” said Atsushi.

“No. You heard her earlier. If I were you, I won't be pushy anymore. Besides, the clones were all focused on her. It won't be exciting if our enemies' attention weren't for us.”

“Dazai-san, what's her real name? Ai isn't her real name, right?”

“Paz Benitez. I first met her six years ago. Her ability is unknown, only her and the previous boss know what is it. Some people who were close to her said that she's dangerous—no, there's nothing written on the dictionary that can define her. Seeing her upclose in a real battle have convinced me to agree with them. No wonder some labeled her as a demon.”