Chapter 14

*Do not forget to like and comment guys. Thanks for reading!*

Yelling outside the door woke Jack and at first, he had no clue where he was. As he blinked to wake up a little bit, he could feel Clarke's head shift on his chest. His heartbeat sped up and he had no clue what he was supposed to do. He didn't exactly want to wake her up because it would be awkward, but luckily, she was still breathing evenly. He was breathing a little heavier than normal and he tried to calm down so he wouldn't wake her up, but he just couldn't. Her arm extended over his stomach and it was like there was fire there. She was so warm as she nestled her head into his chest. One of her legs was entangled with his and there was no way for him to escape. Admittedly, he didn't really want to escape. One arm was behind her back and so he brought it up and hugged her closer to him. He wished that her parents would shut up.

Clarke was starting to stir, and Jacks heartbeat only picked up faster. Clarke could hear his heartbeat pounding out of his chest. She was comfy, almost enough not to notice she was holding Jack and snuggled up with him, almost. She brought her arm slowly across his stomach and she could feel him shiver. She'd be lying if she said she didn't feel proud that he reacted to her that way. She rolled over and moved to the other side of the bed pretending to be asleep. She felt the weight of the bed shift as he got up and went into the bathroom.

Jack finally got up and stood in the bathroom for a second trying to collect himself. Clarke made him question his every action. Every breath was a constant question. When he finally collected himself and walked back out, Clarke was laying there looking at her phone.

"Hey, what time is it?" Clarke hadn't even noticed he had walked back in the room and jumped a little.

"It's ten."

"I'm gonna go home. My mom is probably waiting for me."

"Hey, do you want me to pick you up for school tomorrow?" Jack didn't know how to respond. Things were still a little awkward.

"Uh yeah thanks. What time should I be ready?"

"7:10."

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow."

When Jack went downstairs, he could feel Clarke's family staring at him, not that he blamed them. If his daughter had been holed up in her room for hours with a boy, he would be concerned too. He tried to beeline for the door, but when Clarke's dad waved him over, he couldn't ignore it when he made eye contact. Shit.

"Hi sir."

"Who are you?"

"Jack North I um go to school with Clarke, sir."

"Where was my daughter last night and all day? She didn't go to school. You have anything to do with that?"

"Last night she spent the night at my house. Don't worry sir I slept on the futon and my mom was home. You're gonna have to ask her about today though. I don't want her to be mad at me for telling you."

"I have every right to know where my daughter was you little prick." Clarkes dad stood up quickly pointing his finger at Jack.

"What are you doing?" Clarke walked into the room and stood in front of Jack swatting her fathers' accusatory hand.

"You were gone for almost an entire day without telling us anything. And another kid ends up dead. I demand to know where you were."

"Sorry Jack go home." Jack turned her and looked her in the eyes. He wouldn't leave like this. He could see the anger sparkling in her gray eyes. They were like thunderstorm. If he didn't have an angry father next to him, he would've let himself get lost in them.