02 | mates

Meanwhile.

Grant's POV.

King duties are exhausting. My dad, Tom, also known as the former king, is constantly breathing down my neck. Telling me what to do, when to do it. It's freaking annoying.

''Dad, i'm going for a run, Kratos has been on edge since 2 days ago.'' I said, inpatiently because I really can't stay here for another minute. ''Okay son, be back soon, I still need you to teach things.'' I left eyerolling, walking to one of the nearest woods in our territory.

''Ready to shift?'' - Grant

''Yes! I can't wait to run again.'' - Kratos

With that doing so, I shifted. I'm feeling how all my bones are breaking. How my nails are changing into claws. I'm feeling my massive fangs tearing my gums, and soon Kratos was in control.

Kratos' POV.

Alive. That's how I feel right now. This is the best experience ever. I was born to this, to feel the wind against my fur, to feel the soil in my paws. I love being in control, you see, we're probably the largest wolf in the world, we're even bigger than our dad's. Everyone feared us. They see us as a monster, but we're not, we're not cold hearted. Yes, sure our wolf is big, black and has piercing red eyes, but that doesn't mean we are evil.

I stopped running for a second, smelling in the beautiful air, trying to smell the air, the grass, the water, it's so beautiful... and that's when I smelled her.

Grant's POV.

''Mate! Mate! I can smell mate!!!'' Kratos yelled in my head, I sniffed the air while I was still in wolf form, and I could smell her, our mate. She smelled like chocolate chip cookies and coconuts. God she smells amazing. I quickly shifted back and followed the smell. It led me into town, I sniffed the air like an idiot, and that's when I saw her.

Her beautiful fawn hair was fluttering in the wind, her beautiful white eyes were shining, I could see it from miles away. I could see her staring at me, she must know I'm her mate. I walked over her, almost speeding, until I stood right before her.

Those white eyes. This is the first time I've seen such beautiful eyes. I could lose myself in them, but before I could daydream more, she snapped me back to reality.

''Hi... I'm Danielle.'' she said. Her voice was so soft and cute, I can only imagine her saying my name. ''Hey, I'm Grant, and uhh... you're my mate.''

''Yes, I could smell you from miles away.'' she said chuckling. ''And, I know who you are, you're Grant Gustin, right?'' she added.

Oh no, how does she know who I am? Does she know I'm the King? I don't want her to think of me like a monster, that's not who I am, but before I could speak she interrupted me.
''You're starring in that new upcoming series, The Flash, am I right?''

Thank god. I don't want her to reject me once she finds out I'm the King of the Werewolves.

''Yes yes, you're right.'' I said smiling. She is so cute!

''Mate's name is Danielle and she is so cute, ask her out!'' Kratos yelled in my head again, he is super excited I can feel him waggling his tail.

''Listen, umm, would you like to go out to dinner with me tomorrow?'' I said.

''I would love to.'' she said with probably the biggest smile I've ever seen.