Chapter 31

-Luke's POV-

"Who is it?" Calum asked as my phone rang. Looking at the ID, I told him it was my mum, and walked away to talk to her.

"Hello?" I said. I started to twirl my lip ring, and leaned against the wall.

"Hey Luke," my mum said. "Have you seen them?"

"No," I sighed. "They won't let us in the ICU. We're sitting in the waiting room. They're only letting family in, but I have a feeling no one's coming then. They never mentioned their families." I looked back to see Ashton and Calum both asleep, but no Michael. I furrowed my eyebrows now wondering where he went. I haven't seen him since he found out he couldn't see Piper.

"Lucas!" my mum shouted yanking me away from my thoughts.

"Oh what sorry mum," I said.

-Michael's POV-

I groaned and sat on he curb, freezing my ass off. I blew into my hands, rubbing them together. I had finally stopped crying, wow that sounds like I'm a weakling, and I sighed frustrated. Why the fuck did this have to happen? First they were held hostage, now they're in a car accident? Then again, how many times have they really been to a hospital?

"Mikey?" someone called. I looked up, and saw Luke standing there. "Why are you out here? It's freezing?"

"Just needed some air I guess," I shrugged, and he sat next to me. It was silent for a while, but my phone beeped, signaling I had a text. Looking, I saw it was from Calum saying we could see them. I bolted upright, and Luke followed suit looking confused.

"What?" He asked.

"We can see the girls," I said before jogging inside and towards the elevator to go to the ICU. Luke was a few steps behind me and I quickly pressed the floor, and waited impatiently for the doors to open.

"Hopefully they'll be awake," Luke mumbled, and my eyes went a bit wider.

When they called, they said she was in a coma, what if she doesn't wake up? The doors opened, and I ran to the ICU, and walked in. I told the lady, and she pointed me to the room. I saw Calum in there, and saw her eyes were open and she was smiling and talking while sitting up slightly.

"Piper?" I said. She turned towards me, and smiled, then frowned while I looked at her confused.

"You guys should be in Seattle, not here," she said. I smiled, and hugged her tightly.

"Sorry that when I heard you were in a coma I wanted to make sure you were ok," I laughed.

"Where's Ash?" Luke asked Calum.

"He's with Iris, she's awake too," Calum grinned.

"Um, Cal? Luke?" Piper started. They looked at her, and she looked worried. "Can you see if Elizabeth, Antinea, or Faith are up. Tell the lady they were in the accident with me and Reese. Please?"

"Yeah," they said and walked out of the room. I sat on her bed, and looked at her.

"You look like shit," I stated.

"Thanks," she replied sarcastically while rolling her eyes. I laughed and she grinned as I held her hand.

"So, are they the other ones in the accident?" I asked. She nodded sullenly, and looked down. "Which one's your cousin?"

"Elizabeth," she said. "But she goes by Liz." I nodded slowly, and looked out the door and across the hall and saw Iris and Ashton talking, making me smile.

"What?" I asked looking back when I heard Piper start laughing.

"Just, my cousin goes by Liz and that's Lukes' mums name right?" She stated. I started laughing realizing that it was.